Capitol Plaza Hotel Topeka
US$92
US$97
US$162
Homewood
All reviewsexpo centerdog showembassy suitesnice hotelthe hotel staffbreakfast buffetstaff was friendlyenjoyed my staybusiness tripbed was comfortablenice staywafflesconferenceexpocentreatriumbanquetlounge
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel is a nice property in an out of the way location in Topeka. The room was comfortable. Food in banquet services was a bit lacking. I try to avoid going to Topeka, but if I had to stay here again, it would be OK.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I stayed four nights to attend the dog show. Our room was spacious, quiet, comfortable and clean. We so appreciate the opportunity to stay at a beautiful hotel that accepts our dogs and is so close to the show site. The staff was courteous, helpful and pleasant. There is a walking trail nearby and the grounds are lovely -- fit our needs to a "T"! The parking area is very good and well lighted. My only wish would be for less expensive breakfast, lunch and dinners. We might have dined in more. Thank you for having us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Scas1
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just wanted to take a minute and let you know how wonderful your staff was while we were staying for the dog show. Always look forward to coming to this weekend.

I especially wanted to take time to say how much I respect and appreciate Kenny from your restaurant. He is an absolute joy to see every time. The world would be a better place with more people like this man. Thank you for employing such great people.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angie H
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here for a dog show. I had not been to Topeka in ten years and stayed here then. After reading so many negative comments, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the lobby and rooms were. The front desk people could not have been more pleasant. The wait staff in the restaurant were very helpful and the service was excellent.
I even had a pleasant encounter with housekeeping. I guess you can't please everybody, but I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Eugene M
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My kids and I stayed here for a few days with my husband on a business trip. I thought the hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean and updated. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The location was okay - definitely nothing with walking distance. But it's Topeka, so everything is a short drive away. My only complaints were minimal. We ended up at McDonald's each morning because the hotel breakfast was too pricey for us. Also the beds were kind of small and there was only a sheet and a comforter on the bed (I don't know if they wash them every time but in general, hotel comforters gross me out and I usually take them off). Overall we were happy with our stay and the kids really enjoyed the indoor pool/hot tub.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business