“Very Good”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Williamsvile, New York
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have stayed here twice in the past month, on my way to visit Colorado and on my way back. On the first visit, I made the reservation through the national phone number. The reservation person seemed to be professional and took all the information for my stay. However, as I later discovered, she made it for a hotel in Kansas City. Because I did not receive the promised email confirmation, I called the requested hotel to find out they did not have the reservation. The desk clerk, Emily, took my basic information and held a room for me, even without the credit card number. Then I called the national number back, and thanks to Chris, got released without charge for the room in Kansas. And the hotel was very good.

Room Tip: I think they are all good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Atchison, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Picked this hotel based on the review and it's location. What a great choice! This is very easy to get to, right off of I-70 & Wannamaker. We were on the motorcycle, so we wanted a place with nice well lit parking and not too conspicuous to not invite any unwanted attention. You will not end up at this place on accident, and that is a big plus for me because I am paranoid about random hooligans messing around my bike.

Rooms were great, spacious, clean and very reasonably priced. If I am in need of any type of overnight in Topeka, this will be my first choice!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Vandalia, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I felt this was an excellent place! Up to date, modern and clean! Great breakfast buffet!! Midwest accommodations at it's finest! Close to several stores and businesses. About an hour away from Kansas City for more entertainment. Overall well worth the money a wonderful place!

Room Tip: If you get a bad room you're to picky and you you'll never be happy!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I love staying at Hyatt Place(s) - i love the slightly larger size of the rooms. Makes the stay soooo much more relaxing and with a family of 5 we don't fill like we are on top of each other. This location is no exception - clean, nice staff and great location

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Using our smart phone during our cross country road trip we selected this hotel because of the spacious layout which included a living area with a sectional couch. When we arrived we were greeted by two young ladies who promptly checked us in and inquired about our stay. We informed them we were going to look for a golf course to play the following day. When we woke up in the morning we were delighted to find that Sarah left an envelope with a sweet and informative note as to the local golf courses and included a a printed google map to each golf course.

The free breakfast was not your standard fare, but included hot prepared biscuit sandwiches, hot cream of wheat and a multiple of other breakfast items.

Everything about this hotel was clean and comfortable. All of the staff was over the top and extremely helpful and pleasant. Hopefully all Hyatt hotels live up to this one and if they do this will be our "go to" hotel when traveling.

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms that get the best signal for the internet. The only disappointment was the need...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at the Hyatt place in Topeka once or twice a year for the past few years. It is located right of I 70, yet it is set back so you don't hear the noise. The front desk clerks are always friendly and helpful. The hotel has always been very clean and comfortable. It is simple but spacious and has all amenities. The full breakfast is the best I've ever had at other types of basic hotels across the country. Fresh eggs, sausage, French toast fruit and an assortment of breads and pastries. The front desk has starbucks, beer/wine and food for purchase as well. The room has a fridge and is set up like a suite so if my family stops by they can comfortably sit at the sectional. This location is at the quiet end of Wanamaker rd. it has everything you need within walking distance or a short drive. I travel a lot and am very picky so I am truly impressed by the consistency of Hyatt place Topeka.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Hotel was exactly what I would want my family to stay in when away from home!!!!!! Nice staff, nice rooms, just nice overall experience. Super clean, great pool, great breakfast. Plenty of parking for all the people staying at hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family