“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Hyatt Place Topeka

Hyatt Place Topeka
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed 11 November 2013

It is a beautiful hotel. I needed a document printed so I could scan it and then e mail it out. Connie was so helpful!! She printed out the document, I signed it , she scanned it and then e mailed it to me. She was a life saver. I would highly recommend this hotel.

John H.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed for one night recently for business. Really liked the layout of the room and the breakfast. Very unique items not usually found on hotel breakfasts. Friendly people. Great place to stay. I needed to visit Security Benefit and the business was right across the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here twice, once in August 2013 and again in October 2013 for a job interview. The staff was very nice and friendly (actually everyone in Topeka was nice and friendly!). The rooms were clean, breakfast in the morning was free and had quite a nice selection. Parking and wi-fi are free which is a huge plus. The hotel is also very close to I-70 so it's easy access to and from the highway. If I had any reason to go back to Topeka I would absolutely stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We love Hyatt Place. Always have a nice experience. Always stay there if we can get a good rate. This hotel was nice as they always are. Clean, quiet, comfortable, and great breakfast. The front desk hosts always seem to be very nice also... almost always more people friendly than what we encounter at other chains. Our experience in Topeka was typical Hyatt Place. Very nice... I don't think the room was layed out quite as nicely as some other Hyatt Places... with the bathroom door at the foot of the bed... but this was very minor and our stay was great...

There was a group of 10-12 very loud obnoxious guests at the bar... there when we went to dinner and still there when we got back an hour and 1/2 later... didn't really bother us... but it would have if we had wanted to sit in the lobby. I asked the desk host about it the next morning and was told that it's a public area and they really can't do anything about the noise in that area... didn't seem like a very good answer...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
hamptonkci, Manager at Hyatt Place Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Good Afternoon:

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay, overall. It is always our goal to WOW each and every guest during their stay.
I will speak with my gallery hosts to make sure that they understand the importance of controlling situations and that they are empowered to handle disruptive guests.
I do hope to see you again when you are next in Topeka. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I love this place....brought my girls to Topeka to visit family and have a girls' weekend. Even my 7 year old was impressed and has been begging to come back. The rooms are very comfortable; like a studio apartment. Everything was incredibly clean and in good working order. All of the staff were so very friendly (I can't say that about another place I stayed at in town. But that's another review.)! We had a king room and the girls thought the divider in the room was cool (Mommy bedroom and girls bedroom). I will DEFINITELY stay here again! Will only go to the other place if required for conferences. There is a REASON why this hotel has such high reviews, folks. They genuinely care about their guests. A+!

Stayed: November 2012
hamptonkci, Manager at Hyatt Place Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel! It is always so nice to receive such positive comments. I am so happy that your girls found the rooms super comfortable!

We are so happy to hear that you will be back! Girl's night outs are the best!!! Take care and safe travels!

p.s. I will make sure to pass on your wonderful comments to our staff!

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Super clean, spacious, beautiful hotel. Comfortable beds, nice complimentary breakfast, and friendly staff. My warm egg sandwich with muenster cheese, spinach, and mushrooms was a nice change from the standard food offered. Bathrooms are a little dated but would not deter me from staying again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our hotel! I am so happy that you loved the complimentary breakfast. I, too, love the muenster cheese, spinach and mushroom sandwiches. It is definitely a different take on a breakfast sandwich, a delicious take!

I also wanted to let you know that we are scheduled for a full bathroom remodel in the 4th quarter 2014! They are going to look beautiful!

Take care and safe travels! I hope to meet you on your next trip to Topeka!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I were traveling through and chose Hyatt Place because of what we'd read on trip advisor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean room no noisy hallway action going on, which is always nice. We always ask for the top floor so we do not have anyone walking above us. Would highly recommend the Hyatt Place for a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room away from elevators
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbits

Thank you so much for your very positive comments about our hotel and staff. We strive each and every day to WOW every guest. I just love it when we succeed. I do hope to see you when you are in Topeka next!

Until then safe travels and take care!