“Nice stay”

Super 8 Harrison AR
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Harrison
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed in the room directly by the pool. There were a bunch of kids in the pool at night and I was worried about hearing them while I was trying to sleep, but it wasn't a problem at all. The windows are thick and blocked out all the noise.

There aren't a lot of choices for breakfast, but they do offer a couple of cereals and toast and donuts.

The front desk service was great. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Amanda P
Andrea b, Manager at Super 8 Harrison AR, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

week before i stayed at this super 8 i stopped and ask what the price would be. gave me an answer, went on line, got another answer, but when i went to ck in told them i was told to show my aaa card. he charged me about 20.00 more. couldn't do too much about that i had a doc appointment in 15 minutes. that was the reason i needed a room . the room was not clean, tub never did dran , smelled , people are friendly until you pay. then they could care less. sorry i do travel a lot and will never stay at another super 8

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to have you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I stayed here for three days in July. The room was neat, clean and the showers were clean and typical for this style and room rate. The room had a slight musty smell which I believe is from SMOKERS smoking in the room who shouldn't have. The windows were thick and blocked all the noises from the pool. The doors appeared secure and my room had a flat-screen TV.

The WIFI listed as a feature was completely useless and my computer only connected a couple of times. Fortunately, the room had an RJ45 connection and I used my network cable to plug into the wall, and I had a rock solid connection. Some people do not realize this and should always bring a network cable with them to plug into the wall when they go to a motel. Every motel I've been to has a plug for a network cable for internet access.

The front desk counter workers were very nice. The breakfast some people are complaining about was just fine. Stop being a big baby! It's not a darn HILTON HOTEL. The food was just fine, and was the same as what was in your kitchen. Coffee was fresh, and the breakfast donuts were also good.

The bedding was typical and plenty sufficient, again for a motel of this style. The sheets were clean and bed was comfortable. The A/C unit worked great and the carpet was clean and vacuumed. I Did not see a single insect the whole time. This indicates they regularly spray for bugs. In this part of the country, it's required and would be obvious if they did not. The grounds was well kept, mowed and the pool was clear and clean.

What I did not realize before I went was that the door to your room opens to the INSIDE in this motel. Unusual for a motel in this price range to open to the inside, and have a hallway. Usually this design is is on higher-end motels.

Overall, this place was fine and so far, the complaint's I've seen posted about this motel are complete nit-picks and should not stop anyone from spending the night here. Nothing and no motel is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for staying at the Harrison Super 8 .We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Our family of three stayed one night at the Super 8 in Harrison, AR. When we entered our room, here was a slight "moldy/stale" smell in the room. When I looked up at the ceiling, I noticed a large spot the indicated the roof was leaking (or had leaked in the past). I wondered if that was the smell we were getting. As two of us have asthma, this was not the healiest of situations. In addition, apparently maitenance had been in the room that day as a screwdriver was left on the bed and we had to push the bed and nightstand back into place against the wall.

Pillows were flat and bed was uncomfortable. Nobody slept that night. The carpet seemed dirty as well. We didn't use the pool, but our room had a pool view and it didn't look like the cleanist pool I have ever seen. They do have an adequate continental breakfast.

If I were staying in Harrison again, I'd try someplace else. It was economical to stay at the Super 8, but nobody was comfortable. I'd rather pay a little more and get some sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your stay. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

This hotels is not worth the money. It is filthy. THe breakfat consisgted of stale Muffins and Bread for toast. The bedding was awful ... no fitted sheet, just a regular sheet on top of the mattress. The bathrooms was very dirty and teh whole place smells. I will never stya there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank nothappyMissouri

Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2011

This hotel was nice while staying in Harrison. It was a relatively quiet place without a whole lot of fanfare. The room was clean, the front desk service was friendly, and I have no major complaints. Wireless internet and continental breakfast were included with the room.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank gittinsj

Thank you for staying at the Super 8 in Harrison. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed 29 January 2011

The hotel staff was excellent. Friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to accomadate our request to be able to see our truck from the room.
I also noticed that every time I went to the lobby for coffee (which is quite often) they were cleaning something. ( front door windows , vacuming, wiping down coffee area, dusting, spraying air freshener, etc. )
Our room was clean and nicely decorated.
The beds were comfortable and the linens were nice.
The bathroom could use and update. The tub was stained and scratched up but otherwise clean.
The fridge, coffee maker and TV were clean and in good condition.
The guest laundry was on the balcony overlooking the lobby which I found a little odd, but the washer and dryer were fairly new and there was a sofa to sit on while I waited which was nice.
The internet connection was excellent.
The breakfast was the usual stuff. The area was clean and the food was fresh.
There was 24 hr coffee and tea which is always appreciated.
The hotel was quiet and we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank jjkeaton

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will be our guest in the future.