Property looks good both outside and inside. However, this property suffered from poor maintenance. If only one thing had gone bad, I would understand and sympathize. But too many things went south at this property, and I must attribute this to lack of preventative maintenance.
The air conditioner in our first room was 1 foot from the bed, and blowing directly across the side of the bed (who planned this room layout?). But worse, it was spitting mud onto the sheets. I presume that the condensation from the chiller was not draining through the weep hole because of mold growing and dirt accumulating in the unit. So that moldy muddy water would get blown into the air and land directly onto the sheets. Gross! We requested a new room.
We were upgraded to a slightly larger room in which the air conditioner was just beyond the foot of the bed. We didn’t have muddy debris coming from this unit (to our knowledge), but this air conditioner fan cycled on & off all night, even though we selected a fan on setting (controls must have been broken). One fan blade was misaligned and hitting on another piece of metal EVERY revolution, and it sounded like a playing card in bicycle spokes. We put up with this ALL night, but didn’t switch rooms a second time; it was too late for us…).
Additionally the laundry room washer ate our $1.25 without washing our clothes. Now the front desk DID refund our money, but…come on, get the washer fixed!. And there was mold in the bathtub (there is never an excuse for this…EVER).
• Good breakfast (although crowded and not enough tables).
• Duvets on beds.
• Our upgraded room had a refrigerator and microwave, and a jetted tub (but I would not use a jetted tub in a hotel because someone else’s dirty bath water is still in the pipes and the pump!).
Would I return? No. I would spend the few extra bucks and stay in the Hampton next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harrison is a tastefully decorated four story hotel. We are convenient to local businesses and within walking distance to several restaurants. The indoor pool, hot tub and sauna are among the amenities of our hotel. All rooms have iron/board, coffee makers and hair dryers. Hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hardboiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Harrison, AR and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Harrison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Harrison Hotel Harrison
- Holiday Inn Harrison
- Harrison Holiday Inn