“Excellent in Harrison, Arkansas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Harrison

Holiday Inn Express Harrison
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Harrison
Bryan, Texas
“Excellent in Harrison, Arkansas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We got in late on a Saturday night and were so glad that we found this place. Our room was very convenient to the elevator which was a plus since my dad uses a cane to walk. Our room was extremely quiet and the beds were wonderful. The hot breakfast buffet was very good and the pancake machine was a novelty- I have never seen one of these before!!! There was a lot of variety in the breakfast selection. There were enough parking spots within easy walking distance- will try to time it to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Spent three nights good service nice indoor pool, hut tub was a hot tub with two garden hose force jets and no bubbles, oh well dry sauna made up for it. Good variety for breakfast buffet. I had never seen a 'pancake machine'

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

There is usually not much use in reviewing a chain hotel like H.I.E. but as this was the first stop on a vacation to Branson and Eureka Springs, thought I would include it since I am a priority Club member. Like most of the HI, easy to find, good parking and well kept grounds. A small hiccup at check in, as when I walked up there were two people at the desk and neither acknowledged I was standing there. The first clerk asked finally asked if she could help. When i told her I needed to check in she passed me off the the other clerk.

After a couple of minutes he began checking me in and all seemed to go OK. First floor, larger room and then we we began to get ready to go to sleep, we realized there were no curtains and I was looking out the windows and some Little Leaguers and they were looking back at me.

I went to the front desk and that same girl told me "Oh I guess they didn't get back from the cleaners..... Sorry"........... I told her she had to be kidding and then she said "You know what, i think the last time we rented that room the guests put a blanket over the window"...... I am not kidding..... Finally the male clerk came up and gave me the same story, he then went and found a blanket and had the pins ready for me to use, so i climbed up on the edge of a chair and pinned a blanket up so we had at least a little privacy. Crisis averted!

I did tell them that should not be renting that room out that way, and I noticed on my bill the next morning he only charged me for a regular room (which was still too much), but what the heck.... It was vacation.

For anyone reading, it was Room 107

Room Tip: Don't choose 107
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank golfgod1956
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrison, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear golfgod1956,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I do apologize that your experience was not what you expected. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

Very nice and helpful staff. Very clean and quiet rooms. The mattress wasn't the softess i've slept on in a Holiday Inn Express, but it was okay. GREAT shower pressure!! Very good breakfast with good hot and cold food choices. Wish they had a treadmill, workout room.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Akw01
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very good accommodations, wouldn't change a thing except I really needed a treadmill and if they have an exercise room, I couldn't find it. The breakfast is typical, but fresh and hot. I'll be staying here again on my next visit to the Harrison area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank cusingeorge
Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

We stayed 1 night while hiking in the Ponca/Jasper area. Clean, comfortable & great breakfast. Front desk staff helpful with directions. Several restaurant choices nearby. Convenient location for hiking in the Buffalo River area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mollydog112000
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

Pros: spacious king size bedroom suite, refrigerator, microwave, clean, updated room, comfy bed, decent breakfast- included meat, eggs, biscuits, breads, cereals, yogurt, milk, juices, pancake maker (although pancake was kind of rubbery), pool, hot tub, easy to find but on a very busy road.

Cons: no exercise equipment

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple