“Wedding party”

Holiday Inn Express Harrison
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Harrison
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Convenient hotel just off the main highway and close to everything in town. The beds and room were comfortable. However, the drain in our tub would not close and our small children ended up having to shower.
Very good breakfast available. And the pool was really nice for our kids to relax in before bed.

Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Hotel needs a lot of maintenance and repairs. Computer in lobby is worthless - constant error messages - management refuses to upgrade programs which appear not have been done since 2008. Serious leak in breakfast room. Swimming pool is green - may look cleaner if pool light were turned on which it is not. Safe deposit security is lax. Unable to access upon check-out. Curtains in rooms are thread bare. Staff are all nice and helpful but all appear to be afraid of owner who is cheap and unresponsive to staff and guest needs. Needs a lot of R&M. Loathe to recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Roslyn S
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay here for the most part. The front desk was very friendly and helpful, my room was comfortable, clean, and tasteful. Even the pool looked inviting enough that I wished I'd had my bathing suit with me.

There were only two drawbacks - one was that the internet connection was a full-on disaster. I got kicked out over and over and over and when it did work for short periods of time it was very slow. And I have stayed in other HIE's that have micro and fridge - this one did not. I don't see any reason why they couldn't have those amenities if they wanted to though.

But I slept well and that's the most important thing to me - so I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel was clean and well kept. We found the people that worked there to be friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fine - pretty much like all Holiday Inn Express breakfasts, and the dining area was well tended to.

However, when we checked in to our room, there was no hot water. The young woman at the front desk apologized and gave us a new room. Initially there was no hot water there either, but after a short while it was OK.

There is good Wi-Fi coverage in the hotel and LAN in every room, but the speed was awful. I'm not exaggerating when I say that dial-up speeds are faster than what I was getting. And it seemed to degrade as time went on, to the point where it quit altogether on our second day at the hotel. The young woman at the front desk again apologized, and had the system restarted. I had hoped that it would be more usable after the restart, but it did not improve. I ended up using my phone for accessing the internet. I expect better internet access from a chain like Holiday Inn, and can only hope that this is not the hotel's usual internet offering.

When I went to the pool area to use the hot tub, I could not find the timer control so I just sat in hot water for a while. When I got out, I walked around the pool area and finally found the timer all the way across the room - literally 50 feet away from the hot tub. I don't know why someone would design it like that, but it is what it is I guess. Maybe I was just stupid for not looking across the room for the timer, but maybe they could have a sign near the hot tub that tells you where to find the timer.

These issues did not ruin our stay by any means, although the internet access was rather frustrating. Like I said, the hotel was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room across from the ice machine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrison, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear MoleCG,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. It is great to hear you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced because of the internet connection. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We got in late on a Saturday night and were so glad that we found this place. Our room was very convenient to the elevator which was a plus since my dad uses a cane to walk. Our room was extremely quiet and the beds were wonderful. The hot breakfast buffet was very good and the pancake machine was a novelty- I have never seen one of these before!!! There was a lot of variety in the breakfast selection. There were enough parking spots within easy walking distance- will try to time it to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Spent three nights good service nice indoor pool, hut tub was a hot tub with two garden hose force jets and no bubbles, oh well dry sauna made up for it. Good variety for breakfast buffet. I had never seen a 'pancake machine'

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

There is usually not much use in reviewing a chain hotel like H.I.E. but as this was the first stop on a vacation to Branson and Eureka Springs, thought I would include it since I am a priority Club member. Like most of the HI, easy to find, good parking and well kept grounds. A small hiccup at check in, as when I walked up there were two people at the desk and neither acknowledged I was standing there. The first clerk asked finally asked if she could help. When i told her I needed to check in she passed me off the the other clerk.

After a couple of minutes he began checking me in and all seemed to go OK. First floor, larger room and then we we began to get ready to go to sleep, we realized there were no curtains and I was looking out the windows and some Little Leaguers and they were looking back at me.

I went to the front desk and that same girl told me "Oh I guess they didn't get back from the cleaners..... Sorry"........... I told her she had to be kidding and then she said "You know what, i think the last time we rented that room the guests put a blanket over the window"...... I am not kidding..... Finally the male clerk came up and gave me the same story, he then went and found a blanket and had the pins ready for me to use, so i climbed up on the edge of a chair and pinned a blanket up so we had at least a little privacy. Crisis averted!

I did tell them that should not be renting that room out that way, and I noticed on my bill the next morning he only charged me for a regular room (which was still too much), but what the heck.... It was vacation.

For anyone reading, it was Room 107

Room Tip: Don't choose 107
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank golfgod1956
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrison, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear golfgod1956,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I do apologize that your experience was not what you expected. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A