“Great Pool”

Ranked #74 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Francisco, California
“Great Pool”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Made a quick trip to San Diego and stayed here for a night. Best part of the hotel is definitely the pool area - great place to relax after driving in LA traffic. Room was modern and clean. Location is great as well. Definitely wouldn't mind coming back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dunmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is beautiful, conveniently located. The pool area and the view are incredible.
The Wifi (which cost $30 for my stay) was virtually useless. We got kicked off continuously and it was painfully slow (and we even tried connecting via multiple devices). We were there for leisure, but I imagine that this hotel has a good amount of business travel being located adjacent to the convention center. If I had been there for business or had any amount of school work to do, it would have been unacceptable. This is probably inconvenient enough to keep me from returning to the hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I just got home from staying at this hotel. I checked in Thanksgiving day as I was visiting family in San Diego. Check in was smooth, room was ready and very nice. I got ready and left for the evening. I got back to the room and attempted to go to sleep. The doors for the other rooms close so loud thats all I heard that night. People constantly in and out of their room down the hall. The next day I went to breakfast and ordered off the menu as $25.00 is very pricey for a breakfast buffet. Food was good but parts were ice cold. I ate and left for the day. When I got back to the hotel around 730pm, there were tour buses everywhere and hundreds of kids hanging out downstairs. It seems they were hosting some kids conference there for the rest of the weekend. All I heard was screaming, loud talking, and kids running up and down the halls all night. At check out I decided to complain about this as I felt its not fair to the other guest (including myself as a Hilton's Honor member) that these kids made the stay miserable. The front desk noted the account and closed out my account.

I felt they should have done something other then apologizing. This is not the cheapest hotel in town and I had many other Hilton and none Hilton choices blocks away to stay at.

Also, I understand people order room service and then place food trays outside their room, but it shouldn't still be there at 10 am the next day. Nothing like walking down the hall and seeing the same 1/2 eaten food thats over 12 hours old.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank chadb1982
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the area. As a Hilton Honors member we strive to make your experience the best possible and we apologize that we have failed to meet your expectations. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we work to improve our on-property experience.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

You expect more from a leading chain...even when you get a discount. Such was not the case. If you like staying in an industrial park and having to pay for parking and internet then this is your place! However if you want a better experience and likely cheaper when all costs are accounted for...find some place else in town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and apologies if you were not made aware of our parking and internet charges prior to your booking. Thank you for your review and we hope you'll give us a second chance if your travels bring you back to our area.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great first impression, a hotel with self parking - I loath mandatory valet parking. When we got to the front desk, we had to wait probably 3 minutes before Rebecca welcomed us. She was helpful and effortlessly friendly. Within minutes she had sorted out our booking, given us a map with hints of everything to do around San Diego as well as a very nice welcome gift for being on vacation.

The hotel is massive, but the service was impeccable, with everyone we came across were friendly and professional.
It's only a 5 minute walk across the bridge to the gas lamp quarter and everything it has to offer.

The only downside of the stay was there was a youth religious convention on , meaning the hotel was overrun by unaccompanied kids who were mostly well behaved, but some that treated the facilities ( elevators, corridors etc) as their playgrounds.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The hotel was overpriced for what they offer.
I attended a conference with other two of my colleagues. The hotel is very well located, just next to the convention center in San Diego, which makes everything really easy if you have to go there every morning pretty early.
First disappointment: we booked a triple room, but what they give you is a double room with two double beds (not very big). Therefore, I had to share the bed with one of my colleagues, which is outrageous in my opinion. It's fine if you are with family or friends, but not with omeone that you work with. I complained but I don't think they took my complain seriously as they didn't do anything to that respect. Also, the room just had two of everything (two towels, two glasses, two cups...) although, once again, we booked a triple room and we complained about it.

The food and the drink was extremely expensive, so I didn't even try. However, I have to say that the swimming pool area and the fitness center, although small, were pretty nice and well maintained.

Second disappointment: the hotel manager decided to block our incoming calls to the room because someone from my room did not provide an "alternative method of payment". We were not aware of this, which meant that I missed a very important work-related phone call as the person who was trying to contact me could not connect with the room. Again, outrageous. I complained to the staff members and the manager himself, but my complaint was not taken into account and although I left a written record of what happened, the next day no members of the staff could find that complaint.

On top of all this, before leaving the hotel, they made me pay extra, saying that some kind of bank fees were applied for international money transfer and therefore, my cheque was not enough. However, they could not clearly explain to me why this happened, or show me bank records that justified this, so finally I had to pay for a very unclear reason.

The management was terrile, not helpful and in general, quite ignorant.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Vevey, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay, quick check in, nice room, good breakfast. Location is nice, walking distance to the stripe... Pleasant. Our son enjoyed the bridge view, trains, trucks, boats.... No noise, just view! Would go back for sure. Parking a bit expensive though

Stayed December 2013