“beautiful view, great hotel all around”

Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Ranked #75 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wow, this is a great place, a little pricey during our conference, but the weekend rate was very reasonable. The internet is $15 bucks a day, free in the lobby. The staff is VERY nice. It's a 10 minute or less cab ride from the airport, $20 including tip. The view is GREAT! It's right on the bay. There is a walkway all along the bay that beautiful, There is a sky bridge to PetCo Park and the gaslamp district, trolley system and convention center are all located in easy walking distance.

Room Tip: I'd ask for bayside, but my room was 16 floor and had a beautiful view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at Hilton San Diego Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay! We are happy you enjoyed our hotel and its location in downtown. We look forward to seeing you next time. ;)

There are newer reviews for Hilton San Diego Bayfront

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Everything was great at the Hilton! Staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel was very clean and modern. They take great care of their rooms. The concierge was very informational and helped us with everything. It was also great that they had a rental car business right in the lobby of the hotel. The Starbucks and frozen yogurt place was a great addition to the hotel and it was very conveinent. We ate at each of the restauants in the hotel and they were all clean and the food was amazing. This is a great location for those staying in San Diego. It was in the downtown area, yet away peacefully away from the nightlife. I would suggest this hotel to anyone who is traveling to San Diego. I know we will stay there again when we are back in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your five star review via TripAdvisor! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and amenities. Our location is unique where you are steps away from the Gaslamp District and in a peaceful bay side setting. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I came here for a week long conference with about 30,000 people at the San Diego Convention Center, which is right next door to the hotel in November 2013. Even though some of the conference events were at the hotel, the check-in took minutes, and a porter was available to take up my luggage. I really liked my room - clean, spacious, quiet with a decent view. I thereafter ordered room service, which came relatively quickly. However, the chicken wrap was ice cold, some of the blueberries were spoiled and dessert underwhelming. The next morning, I went to the restaurant for the eggs benedict, perfectly poached and yummy. The waiter asked if I enjoyed my meal, and I commented that the breakfast was leagues better than the room service the night before. When I returned to my room after a day at the conference, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the cook had sent up a small bottle of bubbly a variety of chocolate truffles, and enormous chocolate covered strawberries as an apology for the first room service dinner. Apparently, the waiter at breakfast had promptly reported my comment. Later on the week, I tried the lunch at the lounge on the main floor. I had an hour before my next seminar, but after 45 minutes of waiting for my order, still no fish tacos. When I finally flagged down the waitress, she apologized, comped the lunch and I ate in 5 minutes before running out to make the seminar. The day of checkout, I tried the pool side cafe. The food there was acceptable and timely. So while there were the occasional misses, the policies ensured for a speedy compensation and along with the great facilities and room, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience and photos! We aim to provide a memorable experience for all our guests and we are always looking for ways to make improvements to the guest experience. We will share your review with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am staying in the hotel at the moment and am entirely happy with it. The room is fine (23rd floor looking ?North towards water and convention centre) and gave me absolutely no cause for dissatisfaction. Smooth arrival and check-in, a couple fo quiet days before the conference started and everything going well during the more formal parts of our stay.
Small group reception (1-200) this evening on a fourth floor outdoors patio was delightful, and larger group formal dinner last night was smoothly orchestrated and delivered decent food throughout.
Close to lovely areas of downtown, a ten minute walk to hundreds of restuarants and other vendors offering most anything you could be looking for. Even closer to the trolley-car / train station ... and the public transport here is very good (far from a given in US cities). Very close to baseball park, if you're into that kind of thing.
It may not appeal to everyone but yesterday morning I was having a quiet coffee on an outdoor patio while a huge aircraft carrier sailed by out to sea, blocking half my skyline from several hundred metres away ... not the sort of morning coffee experience I get every day.
It's a biggish hotel, it's a major chain, and I am here on a conference package ... but I am having a great time and the hotel's involvement has varied between completely invisible and very good.
I am not an organiser so cannot comment on package prices,except that none of our events seem to be more expensive than at any of the other destinations we have been to over the years.

Room Tip: No surprises really. Higher is better. The lifts are not terribly noisy. North looking outside-view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your stay! We are happy you are enjoying your time with us during your conference stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again whether for business or pleasure!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great spot if you need to be close to the conference center. Also perfect for the Gaslamp area too. We had no trouble driving in and out of hotel area. Only 12 minutes to the zoo. Rooms were nice, roomy and although we didn't have the bay view, our view really wasn't that bad. Biggest complaint is that we have two small children and finding meals for them in the morning and evening was not the easiest. There is a Starbuck's on location but the hours are limited. Pool and deck area is lovely.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! Wonderful to hear you liked our convenient location in downtown. We will share your review with our staff and look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We combined a business trip at the convention center, along with a Mother's Day leisure trip and had a fantastic time. Hotel is right there at the Con. center, Petco Park, Gas Lamp district, Seaport village and ferry across to Coronado.
The staff is very helpful and amenities are very good. Pool is exceptional and has bar and food service right there. Several cautions for you though; if you're on a higher floor 19-26, Wi-Fi is spotty at best, and doesn't seem to get better as you get lower. 2. Self parking at garage is $30/day, with in/our privilege, due to demand in the area (ballpark parking on game nights and convention center overflow) Train/trolley is right across, so you can use that if you're going around town. 3. If you have more than 2 guests in a room over 18, there is additional charges per night that isn't listed on the hotel sites like hotels.com and others. About $20/night more.
Altogether, a great place to stay in San Diego.

Room Tip: Pick a room on 1-15th floor and still has great view for good Wi-Fi pick-up. Take shuttle from airp...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your stay via TripAdvisor. How wonderful that you were able to make the most of your business trip! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and pool. We will look into the Wi-Fi strength on the mentioned floors. Thank you for letting us know. We look forward to welcoming you back whether it is for business or pleasure or both!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Wonderful hotel on the bay in Downtown San Diego. Located next to the convention center, and across from Petco Stadium, an easy walk to the Gaslamp District. Our suite was on the 29th floor with fabulous views to the north, Coronado Island, the marina and Point Loma. The views from the other side of the hotel are equally stunning.

The staff was very attentive, the rooms beautifully designed and everything was spotless. The housekeeping staff were cheerful and friendly.

We upgraded to a Jr. Suite, although I couldn't figure out what was Jr. about it. Two adjoining rooms, two bathrooms, a dining table, fold out couch and very nice working desks. I loved the chaise/chair by the window in the bedroom! (I too, would have liked a small refrigerator.)

The hotel is quiet, restful and relaxing. I would recommend this hotel for everyone, business travelers, honeymooners, and for weekend getaways. There is a nice wide walkway along the water for walkers, runners, just a little sightseeing, or watching the sun go down from the little park and pier close by.

Room Tip: If budget allows, a Jr. Suite is wonderful. Views from both sides of the hotel are spectacular, cho...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful five star review! We are pleased to hear you found our accommodations spacious and comfortable. We will see you next time!