“Wow”

Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: “Lucha Libre” is Mexican pro wrestling. The nature of which is filled with high-flying acrobatics, intense action, and characters as unique and entertaining as their masks/costumes. Our food is inspired by just that, blending traditional mexican food with unique ingredients giving you flavors that will entertain your palate and “Face-punch your tastebuds!” Lucha Libre is in part a celebration of life and all that makes it interesting. Our use of gold, hot pink, and light blue in our decor is an homage to the decadence and gaudiness of Lucha Libre culture. Our menu follows suit. One of our signature items is our Surfin’ California Burrito. Steak, shrimp, avocado, jack cheese, pico de gallo, Super Secret Chipotle Sauce, and Fresh Fries (Yes, fries. It’s a San Diego thing) wrapped in a flour tortilla. It is best enjoyed in our Champions Booth. Reservations for our Champions Booth must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Maximum party of 4. Reservations can be made on our website.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The queso taco with thecrispy cheese was so amazing. Literally the best taco I've ever had. We tried the surfing California burrito too and it was very very good. Highly recommend both, but when I go back (which will be asap) I will definitely get queso tacos.

Danny V, Marketing Manager at Lucha Libre Taco Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thanks for the kind words! See you again soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Chips and salsas were good. I was looking for hotter salsa, but nonetheless they tasty flavors. Surfin california burrito was good. Asada maybe could have had more flavor and fries could have been fresher. Overall satisfying and would recommend for sure.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

So, we REALLY wanted to enjoy Lucha Libre as much as Guy F. and all other foodie reviewers...but it just didn’t happen. Super intriguing menu, delicious aromas, cool ambiance, and scrumptious LOOKING items. Flavor fell flat.

We ordered a variety with our party of 4 adults and 1 child. Quesadilla & fries for the kid menu; pretty easy here. Two orders of the pork nachos, 1 order of (3) beef taquitos, 3 pork tacos, and 1 surf-in California burrito. Let’s start here:

Pork tacos were pretty basic, so how can they lack ANY flavor? Generous helping of guacamole though so plus for that? Taquitos, cooked perfect EXCEPT the shredded beef again had NO FLAVOR. Not to be mean, just honest Foodie talk! The lettuce, tomato and cojito cheese on top had better flavor. The burrito was a hit for my brother; shrimp, steak, fresh fries, cheese, sauce, etc. he was impressed. The double order of nachos were ok. I was impressed that the chips stayed crispy, but the beans and pork lacked flavor; seasoning, salt or otherwise. I wanted to like this!!! Especially since I don’t visit So Cal as often as I would like since moving away 15 years ago. Eating Mexican in this area is a treat and nostalgic, what a bummer it lacked pizazz, caused heart burn and left me craving tacos from my local taqueria in Ft Myers Florida.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Only the luchadors greatest can sit in champions corner. And this taqueria can hang with the best. Just like Ramses. The best.
Nada complaints , estupendo food. You dudes rule

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

On our recent return visit, the line Up was excessive, but what makes it worse is that their system or process to work through the line is horrible. I think that most like me in line felt that it was not worth waiting the hour just for their order. Would not recommend if you arrive and see a line, it does not move with reasonable speed.