“Nothing To Get Excited About”
Review of The Blue Parrot Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We went on Sunday to see what kind of establishment this was and try out their beers & grub. They have a good location right near the water in the Ocean Beach neighborhood, parking in the area is always a challenge so beware it is street only and hard to find. They had several football games on the TV's which was nice if you are aports minded. This is a local (low key) neighborhood open air bar experience.

They have a nice selection of tap beers but found them to be rather pricey considering the area and type of establishment. A glass of beer cost us $5.50 & $6.50 good brews but overpriced for the atmosphere.

Now for the food, we had soup & a sandwhich. The soup was Conch chowder which tasted good but there was mostly veggies and very little Conch. We also had a chicken ranch sandwhich which included a nice sized chicken breast but the bun was only about half the size of the chicken. The flavor was pretty much average.

Service was OK at best. Our waitress was very helpfull with our beer selection in the beginning but was seldom seen after the food arrived. Apparrently one of her friends showed up because she was constantly at their table after their arrival. I am never impressed when the wait person can't be bothered to clear dirty dishes from your table and I leave a lower tip amount when this happens.

All in all the food & drinks were expensive for what you get. If you are into people watching this place may hold an interest but if you want better food at a reasonable price, skip The Blue Parrot and hit one of the other local establishments in the area. Don't pay $8-$10 for a hamburger here when you can walk over to Hodads a block away and get a great burger for much less.

1  Thank mr49phil

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Not a bad place to stop. We got there around 7pm and it seemed like a nice local hangout and it was not that busy. The waitress did a great job getting us some margaritas as we took in the surroundings. Nothing fancy by any means. The food was better than what I imagined it would have been. A friend had the eggplant enchiladas and they were really good. Rich, but good. She only ate one and was stuffed. I ordered the beef sliders as I wasn't that hungry and they were really good. My wife had the blackened Mahi sandwich and that had a great flavor and grilled so it was still juicy.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

we went there and they had great specials on drinks, even though its a restaurant it is also a very fun place to have a couple drinks and laugh.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

great prices, great drinks...my first time was on the 4th of july for their hot dog eating contest...also great looking female patrons, friendly bartenders...just a party place...the west coasts "margaritia-ville"

Reviewed 10 November 2011

A few friends brought my co-worker and I to Blue Parrot for "Sunday Funday". Had an awesome time. Very good food, great drink specials, and excellent service. Would definitely go back the next time I'm in the Ocean Beach area.... in fact, I can't wait to go back again.