Attended educational meetings and took my wife along. Found that the conference hotel (Sheraton on Harbor Island) charges $20 a day for parking and is only a pleasant walk away through Spanish Landing Park.
This place is a crown jewel for the courtyard chain-- if you have never stayed at one this is the one to try. It has all the practical things you'd want including free internet and parking. The rooms are as always spacious and bright but it also helps that the facility is brand-new. Service is good but don't eat at the restaurant.
The best thing about this hotel is its location next to the Liberty Station neighborhood-- a perfect example of urban renewal done right.There are bayside parks stretching in both directions inviting romantic walks. Liberty Station is a former naval facility and has anything from Panera and Vons Supermarket to an evangelical megachurch ("The Rock").
It is 5 minutes from downtown by car or taxi and 5 minutes from the airport by complimentary shuttle. You can walk or bicycle downtown through the bayside parks, too.
Downside: Noise --but not really a problem. I was concerned about the proximity to the airport and airplane noise, but it was a minor nuisance since the hotel is not in the direct flight path. All of downtown San Diego including the Hotel Circle neighborhood, however, is in the flight path of the airport so you really can't get away from it. The noise from people in the outdoor hotel pool and hot tub was worse but stops when they close it. Ask for a room overlooking the parking lot if kids noises from the pool bother you. I was also concerned about reports in this website's reviews about hearing your neighbors. We found we heard no more from our neighbors than you would in any other modern hotel. We slept well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard