“Don't believe the reviews you read!”

Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Ranked #27 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I picked this hotel solely based upon trip advisor reviews and I'm sorry I did. I don't know what type of hotel the other reviewers are used to staying, but unless your thing is small rooms, hard beds, rough sheets, thin towels and loud a/c's then this hotel is not for you. Also we went out all day to come back to uncleaned room. The only good thing about this hotel is location, but Homewood Suites is next door and looks nicer and with bigger rooms I would recommend that hotel for the area instead.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank cnakatani
Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a business meeting in early August. It's located about five minutes from the airport and accessed via a free shuttle.

The hotel is in "Liberty Station" which house another hotel and a small shopping area with a few restaurants and a Starbucks.

I had a larger King room with a balcony which overlooked the waterway behind the hotel. The room was in very good shape and seemed to feature Courtyard's newest standard design. Large desk, large flat screen, pull open wardrobe, mini-refrigerator, etc.

The bed was comfortable and the A/C worked flawlessly (I like my freon).

I ate breakfast twice at the buffet which offered made to order omelettes, Belgium waffles, bacon, sausage, fruit, and various breads, pastries, and cereal. The buffet was about $15 or $16 bucks and, to me, represented good value.

The hotel has a bar which is open in evenings.

I didn't use the pool or fitness room. We did have meetings in one of the larger meeting rooms. The service for our meeting was good.

I think my room was a little over $200 per might which I thought was a little pricey for a Courtyard but it is San Diego (perhaps for a little more you could stay near the beach). For my purpose, a few days of meetings, the hotel was great. If you need a hotel near the airport or are planning a sales meeting the Courtyard's a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank onlandorbysea
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband, teenage daughter, and I stayed here while in the area looking at colleges. The hotel is very nice, lovely grounds and pool area, and Kurt and Stephanie at the front desk were VERY helpful and accommodating. We asked for an upgrade, and were very happily awarded one. YAY! The beds were very comfy, the rooms spacious, and the bathrooms up to date and spotless. We also never heard any exterior noises.....a very peaceful hotel indeed!
The cooked to order breakfast buffet in the morning was very good, and a great send off from our brief stay.
If in the area again, we will definitely return to this Courtyard Marriott, especially since the location is close and convenient to a lot of the local San Diego attractions.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LUVSYVCA
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This is a very nice Courtyard hotel -- just a few years old and very clean.
Pros
**Nice lobby, rooms, and heated pool
**Ample free parking
**Great walking path along the water with playgrounds for kids
**Location - away from the really busy areas, but still just a short drive to downtown, parks, and Coronado
**Walking distance to restaurants (Mex, Panera, Tender Greens, etc) and shopping (Trader Joe's)
**Nice fitness center near pool with easy access

Cons (not really any, but...)
**The hot breakfast is great but not included in most rates
**If you want to make this a walking trip, a downtown location like the Omni, Hilton, Hyatt would be closer to Petco Field (players stay at the Omni), USS Midway, and the restaurants of the Gaslamp district.

Overall though you can't go wrong with this Courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Perfect, quiet spot for our "Daycation". Less than 5 minutes away from one of the best dinners we've ever had (Island Prime). Loved the free coffee, and they made connecting to the Internet super easy (both wifi and wired). Everything was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful with local recommendations.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I went to Courtyard Marriott and no problems going in and going up to my room. I finally get there, go out to eat and realize that my card has been declined. I booked the trip on travelocity and so everything was already paid for, but apparently Courtyard decided to run the card again by "accident" for $1200. Since I had about $1000 in the back, basically my card was declined and I had no money to spend. When I told the front desk, they said they would release it after the weekend when the banks opened back up. So because the hotel made this mistake, I was stuck not able to spend any money and not eat for the weekend, and I got no gesture from the hotel as well.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Janet K
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This is a newer property located on the old Navy training base. The area has been commercialized and now has walking trails with a number of shops and restaurants in the area. The best part are the walking trails along the hotel that lead to Harbor Island across from the airport. The accommodations are what you would expect from a high end Courtyard, but during our stay there was some very noisy parties that the management didn't seem to care about. They even broke the elevator and were still allowed to stay at the property. It's also a little noisy being at the end of the runway for the airport, but you don't notice the planes all that much. It's easy to get both to the downtown area over the N. Harbor St. bridge and out to the Point Loma area going to the south. We would definitely stay here again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony, preferable on the harbor side.