Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$602
Marriott Hotels
US$123
US$109
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$236
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$367
US$325
Hilton.com
US$849
US$619
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$685
US$665
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$474
US$276
US$220
US$320
US$204
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
1,213 results
All reviewsnaval training centercourtyard by marriotttypical courtyardwalking pathfire pitthe shuttle driverwater viewfront desk staffrestaurants within walking distancesan diego airportbreakfast buffetfree shuttlerental carpoint lomawould definitely stay here againvery nice hotelminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Great location, as many convenience of shops, supermarkets, easy access to everywhere in SD. Hotel itself, nothing spectacular, just average room, wonderful complimentary coffee/tea bar, self laundry a plus for longer stay, sporadic service in front desk, breakfast area quite chaotic, small signage stated "please seat yourself", many missed that sign and waiting and waiting for table, limited wait staffs, very average breakfast. If you get package deal , free parking, free internet and breakfasts, worth it for the value. Otherwise, you can get nicer hotel in surrounding area better....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Really nice neighborhood and very nice staff. Great park nearby for kids to play at. A few places to eat in easy walking distance. It isn't on a train route but a bus route got me pretty close to the convention center.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank KevinPfTx
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed at this Marriott Courtyard because of the reviews on TripAdvisor, but also because I was able to get into the city and other attractions in no time from this location. My first night I went to the theatre and had absolutely no problem taking Harbor Drive right into the city; the next morning I drove up to Cabrillo National Park which also just took a short time. The room was modern and clean and I had a balcony that looked across the Bay area. I had a car, you can't go wrong with free and easy in/out parking. I was not bothered being closer to the airport at all. The walking/biking path that runs along the water was perfect in the morning, everyone along the pathway was friendly. There's a Starbucks and a few restaurants within walking distance for a quick in between bite to eat. The area was very safe. I did go to happy hour for drinks and appetizers and Jim the bartender couldn't have been nicer. The gals at the front desk were great to mapquest a route for me before I left for Temecula. All in all, a great hotel to stay when you're on the go!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank salseradanzcat
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I spent two nights here on business and have mixed feelings about the place. Overall, it's nice -- very clean, the rooms are well-appointed, and it's close to the airport, downtown, shopping, beaches, and anything else you would want in San Diego. However, the proximity to the airport means that sleeping in is a problem, because a bank of flights departs starting at about 6am, and at least on the side of the hotel I was on, it was pretty loud. And if you want to sit outside near the pool and have a conversation, you'll be pausing periodically to let the planes pass overhead. The rooms are also rather small and cramped -- it would have felt crowded with another person. My room on the third floor had a rooftop view and the housekeeping room was nearby, so I heard lots of noise from that also. And there was only one small elevator at my end of the hotel. I'm not sure if there was another one at the other end, but it did get slow and crowded in the morning when people were checking out. Most of the staff was friendly, and the shuttle to the airport is free and quick. It's an okay place to stay if you need convenience, are traveling with one or maybe two people, and aren't going to be there for more than a night or two.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side to get away from the airport noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Had been really excited to stay here, as so many reviews speak ecstatically about this hotel. After all, it is #3 in San Diego on tripadvisor. Upon reservation, had requested a room with a view, which was acknowledged upon check-in. I did indeed get a room with a view, of a rooftop, from a corner room. Noticed upon waking up that our bed had been made by housekeeping with sheets displaying prominent yellow stains, and we noticed mysterious white stains on the in-room couch from prior visitors. Will not stay in this hotel again, and will choose from the wide selection of hotels in the area that offer comparable prices.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank RHOIE
rabro, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your less than spectacular stay with us. We understand clearly how guests can get frustrated by not getting the room they want. We would love to have our hotel be one long building that has nothing but water views, but we don't. We also are sold out quite a bit which adds pressure to trying to satisfy the many requests for view rooms. Believe me you aren't the only one that requests these rooms, and we also are required by Marriott to upgrade our Platinum Elite guests into these rooms when available. This combined with the fact that we only have 1/3 of our hotel rooms with these particular views makes it very difficult to make everyone happy. It's not an excuse, just a fact. We do care deaply about all of our guests and take our hospitality role seriously.

As far as the cleanliness of your room, I wish you had informed us at that time as we could have taken action to make you feel better. We do run a very clean hotel as you can read from the many guests that stay with us, so this is not the norm, and for that I apologize.

Thanks for your posting...we are always trying to get better.