I just left the hotel today. There are so many hotel choices in SD, but I will definitely keep this one on my "preferred" list.
Check in was a breeze. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. I was located on the 3rd floor. Some rooms have a balcony. Mine did not, but I gotta tell ya, the view of the harbor more than made me smile - despite the fact that I didn't upgrade to a balcony room.
More on the room: really great colors. It had a flat screen and a refrigerator. The fridge was inside of a cabinet so I didn't hear the annoying hum all night (a plus). No safe in the room, but I used the safe deposit box at the front desk with no problem and it was free to use. The bed was fine. They offer lots of pillows which is a plus.
Food choices: San Diego offers so very many fantastic places to eat. But if you don't have a car, do not fret. Not only do they have a restaurant on site, but they have a deli and a market place that sells snacks. The fresh salads and sandwiches offer at the market place were fresh - they could hardly keep them on the shelf. The hotel is located within a medium size gated complex. Instead of driving one morning, I strolled to Starbucks. There was a nail salon and a lot of other places to eat inside of the complex as well. Within a few blocks you can get any other type of food you desire.
Breakfast: they have a buffet with lots of hot foods. The chef will cook pancakes, waffles or omelets. I saw oatmeal, salmon, fresh fruit, lots of cereal, bacon, eggs, muffins, all kinds of juices, tea, coffee, etc. (great...I'm hungry now). If you don't do buffets, just order what you want a la carte. Room service is also available.
Property size: You can tell they cater to groups and/or are used to being full or near capacity. There are large meetings rooms and the property is nicely spread out. The parking lot was always packed, but they have designed the property well. The only time I saw a really big crowd was at breakfast time, but I still didn't have to wait for a table (thankfully). Plenty of pool chairs, tons of outside seating. You can lounge for hours either in or out of the sun. I saw lots of people jogging, walking and biking on a safe path that runs right by the hotel.
The hotel is very clean and comfortable. I was there on a mini-vacation and to see some friends, but I could definitely see going there on business or with a conference group. I even did my own laundry - with the free laundry soap they gave me. They have a free shuttle to the San Diego airport which was only a mile away. The planes were not terribly noisy, but there is a curfew on flights overnight to help minimize bothering people in the surrounding area.
PARKING: It was free!
Internet: It was free!
Remote printing: It was free!
Citrus water in the lobby: It was free!
Shuttle to and from the airport: Free, Free, Free!
You get the picture. This hotel offers a whole lot for the rate I paid - which is why I continue to be a Marriott Rewards member. I love a good value. Hotel was also on a nice block. Laning street had these great townhomes between the harbor and the next main road (Rosecrans Street). The area was pretty quiet at night. I didn't feel uncomfortable walking around by myself. I saw families, solo women, groups and they all seemed very comfortable. Unless I need a kitchen for a longer stay, I really look forward to staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard