This Courtyard offered nice rooms and several special touches. Upon entering the hotel, just past check-in is two containers with flavored water (fruit and cucumber).
For dining options there is two options:
- there is a full buffet breakfast with drinks included in the price...made to order omelets, waffles, pancakes, eggs. Buffet line has eggs, meats, potatoes, bread, fruit, etc. A good value. at 12 or 13 dollars. Also, a Starbucks has coffee options with a few breakfast-to-go items.
Had the opportunity to eat dinner here the day of our late arrival...was actually very good at a reasonable cost. Jim, their "famous bartender" was a pleasant fellow who they keep rather busy and he does a nice job of keeping the guests supplied with drinks and food items.
The hotel is located conveniently to downtown, Gaslamp District, U.S.S. Midway, and all things San Diego. If you are into breweries...the well known Stone Brewery (not the original location, but the Liberty Station site) is within walking distance or a very short walk. Several dining options at Liberty station as well.
The room was well afforded and clean. They provide Paul Mitchell toiletries and Keurig coffee. A small refrigerator also is in the room. large bottles of water are available in the room for 3.50 each as well.
They only semi negative comments that could be made:
- requested a king room and recieved 2 queens instead. Was given a room by the pool that can be a little noisy with normal pool use and activities. Our patio backed right up to pool chairs. There was not any noise late but if you are an early to bed person you might want to avoid this location as guests will take advantage of the pool.
- the Starbucks had only one young man running the show in the morning. Although he was capable he is only able to wait on one person at a time and the line can start backing up.
- the bar area can get busy as well and on the night we enjoyed dinner the bartender had to wear many hats. Jim was the solo person manning the bar, the bar dining area, bringing drinks to the outside area, and fixing TV's in another section. He handled himself well and with a smile, but the one person "helping" him with food delivery was not a real go getter.
- house keeping seemed a little stingy with the Paul Mitchell hair products. While I am darn near bald, my wife has long hair and could go through the hotel size bottle of shampoo each day. Had to write a note for more product and to replenish the water bottles available for purchase. I am accustomed to tipping the housekeepers but stopped when the normal toilitries were not provided and instead resorted to the note process.
- although others have said there is NO noise from the close airport...we would have to disagree. You will periodically here jet noise. This never woke us up or disturbed us in anyway...usually noticed it when getting ready in the morning. But just wanted to let you know that there is SOME jet noise, not soundproof.
In conclusion, we would stay here again if ever in the San Diego area with no reservations
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard