Came to San Diego on a very quick business trip and the hotel was picked by my colleague. I didn't expect much because it was located so close to the airport, but wow, what a nice find. It's situated on the back side of a shopping center type of area with some good restaurants across the parking lot and nearby, but the best part is the walking trails and canal behind the hotel. Absolutely gorgeous and you can literally walk over to the harbor and see the incredible display of boats docked up. The airport wasn't even that noticeable quite honestly.
Rooms all have a balcony, mine was overlooking the pool and canal area from the fourth floor. Very clean room with plenty of space to spread out. Desk had a nice quad outlet setup right on top of the desk making it very easy to plug in the laptop and other electronics. Very comfortable bed, plenty of hot water in the shower and extremely pleasant front desk staff made this a very nice, albeit brief stay at the Courtyard.
They have a full restaurant and bar in the lobby and the only weird thing is that the lunch / snack bar area that serves coffee shuts down at 1 or 2pm. Would have figured they would keep the coffee bar running till at least the time the main bar opens. But that's the only quibble.
Would definitely stay at this hotel again when I return to San Diego, especially if I'm coming in for business again. Extremely close to all things Navy as we saw a lot of midshipmen in the various restaurants. This is a former Naval training center, so it makes sense.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard