This Courtyard is about 5 miles from downtown San Diego, and for some this may be a deciding factor. This is in the middle of the old Marine Corp Depot that has been "revitalized" as part of the modernization. Very nice location with jogging trails, parks and walking distance to a few restaurants.
The other "important stuff" about the hotel... very attentive staff and extremely responsive to guests needs. Very large restaurant area with a bar; much larger the other Courtyards which I have stayed. There is also a deli which is open 0530 - 1300 that serves breakfast sandwiches, pastries, Starbuck's coffee ( a bit weak for my taste), and a number of other snacks. For the vegetarians... I recommend trying the portobello mushroom... marinated with peppers and mozzarella, really good.
The king room was your normal Courtyard with the same furnishings, extremely clean. I had to do a lot of work at the desk and notice the AC blows directly down on the desk area; adjusting the vent flags were of no use and had to hang a towel to deflect the air. The bed, bath, Kureg, small fridge, and other amenities were nice for the long 7 night stay. The hotel does provide Direct TV in HD, however, over half of the stations were never available - local, yes, but the sports networks and others, no. The fitness center is pretty decent with cardio and weights. Bring your own entertainment/music as the monitors on the cardio - at least the 4 times I used them, did not work.
Overall a nice stay, but I do wish that for longer staying guests, a free breakfast was included with the price of the room. Due to two major events in San Diego, no government per diem rates were available for ANY hotel within 6 miles of downtown. However, one distinct advantage for this Courtyard, free parking. For those who have stayed in downtown San Diego, this can be very costly - $25 - $32 per day! For my longer trips, I will need to consider Marriott's competition next door where breakfast and dinner is included with your stay.
One last word... the hotel is in close proximity to SAN international airport take off runway and planes start departing at 0630 EVERY morning. I didn't have to set my alarm clock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard