Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
US$288
US$270
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$211
  • Beachfront
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$413
US$374
Official Site
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$224
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$242
US$203
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$190
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$224
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$423
  • Beachfront
US$652
HardRockSD.com
  • Restaurant
1,213 results
All reviewsnaval training centercourtyard by marriotttypical courtyardwalking pathfire pitthe shuttle driverwater viewfront desk staffrestaurants within walking distancesan diego airportbreakfast buffetfree shuttlerental carpoint lomawould definitely stay here againvery nice hotelminute drive
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The location of this hotel is great. Our original room was located on the back side of the building in the corner and the bathroom had a terrible smell. The staff at the front desk kindly moved us right away. The second room was perfection. Great room with a small balcony that overlooked the pool and had lovely views. The majority of the staff were very friendly and the bartender does make a fantastic margarita!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rick B, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Glad to hear you like our waterfront location and views of downtown San Diego. We want you to have an excellent view every time you stay with us, and recommend you book one of our premium rooms to ensure a perfect view! Great decision to try one of Jim's famous Margarita's! We hope you come back and have another one soon!

Rick Brown

Reviewed 22 July 2014

It isn't that bad a place but when going on vacation and spending over $200 a night for a room I guess I expected a little more from the hotel and staff. First thing I want to say is they only have 1 working elevator in the hotel. We had to take an elevator up and then walk all the way across the place to get to our room. This was really not convenient and no one even bothered to ask if we needed help with our bags when we arrived and checked in. You basically grab your own baggage cart and handle it yourself. This wasn't a big deal but when you have a broken elevator how about a little help??? We asked when the elevator would be fixed and the response was "they are working on it". We stayed for 4 days and it was broke the whole time we stayed. The pool...in my opinion the pool is not that great at all unless you are under the age of 10. It's 4 feet deep...basically a kiddie pool that isn't that enjoyable for an adult. The location is OK...you are close but far enough from all the attractions of San Diego. We got there on a Wed and I had reserved a room with a view. They put us on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. I wanted a view of the harbor area not the pool. I asked for a room on a higher floor and they said they had nothing available and I should have asked for one when I booked the room in April. Well that wasn't really the response I thought I would get but, OK. I had some issues with being locked out of the room as well...this was a complete joke. After getting key after key I got one that finally worked only to be locked out by the inside deadbolt??? How that happened I will never know. They did give us a free breakfast for the mishap which was nice of them to do (hopefully it wasn't billed to my room as no one seemed to know how to apply coupon). The walking trail is nice and the food options near by are a plus. The Wi-Fi and Parking is free which is also another plus.

Bottom line is I def. would have preferred to stay at another hotel with a more accommodating facility and nicer pool/view rooms. This place would have been great if I was alone on business but not for the family vacation. I felt the Marriott and myself let my family down a little bit this time around. You live and learn!!!

Room Tip: Ask for floor on 3rd or 4th floor. Ask for room by elevator that works. Do not park under the trees or your car will get nasty!
1  Thank DVSone

I'm so sorry about the elevator! We actually have 3, so 2 were still working, I apologize if that wasn't clearly explained. We had to wait for the part to arrive, and we didn't want to tell guests a date it would be fixed until we had the part in hand, that's why you were told "we are working on it". And yes, we should have asked you if you needed help, and that will be talked about.

The room you had does overlook the pool and the water. I realize you wanted to be higher, but it was a room with a view of the boat channel. If I had any say into the size of the pool, I would have made it larger, I agree. It satisfies most guests, but if you are looking for a resort-type pool experience, we probably are not the best fit for you.

Very sorry about the keys not working as well, and getting locked out, but glad we bought you breakfast.

Thanks for staying with us though, and we appreciate the honest feedback. We use this information to always be getting better. Thanks!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I had originally booked a room at a lower rate with no balcony. When I called to see if I could check-in earlier than 4 p.m., they told me that a room would not be ready for at least an hour. However, if I wanted to pay $15 more per night, they could get me into a balcony room with a view of the bay right away. I agreed and sooo glad that I did! The view was absolutely amazing and my kids loved it!

Got a standard two queen room. Quite spacious and the amenities were great, ie, microwave, two (yes, two) refrigerators, a complete work station with all the outlets and plugs you need and free wifi. Spacious bathroom with great lighting. Beds and pillows were comfy.

We were given the last room on the end and didn't hear much noise. It wasn't at all loud in the pool area (where our room overlooked) either. Although, we do travel with a sound machine, so noise isn't really an issue.

Hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. Quite helpful. I kept bugging them for info on thing around town and they were so helpful and nice about it every time.

Gym was nice and lean and had all the equipment I needed.

There is a walking/jogging/bike path behind the hotel, along the bay and a park next door. The kids enjoyed a nice stroll.

Overall, for the price and the view, this was an absolute steal. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

So happy to hear that we made you happy!

I'm glad you and the family loved the room and Liberty Station. It has a lot to offer...and most within walking distance.

Please tell a hundred of your closest friends about us!

THANKS!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I visited San Diego with my teenage daughter and we did not rent a car. I really wasn't sure where to stay: downtown, old town, or in the middle someplace. This property is about 5 miles from downtown and 5 miles in the other direction from old town. A cab fare is about $15 to either destination which really adds up if you don't have a rental car. I wish I would have chosen a hotel downtown since that is where most of the action and tours seems to be. The hotel was clean and comfortable but the sound of jet airplanes begins at 6:15 and doesn't end until 10:00. The airport shuttle was nice but the driver sold us on a trolley tour and gave us the wrong information. We ended up going downtown to start the tour when we were suppose to start the tour in old town. The hotel sits on the banks of a canal where you can rent kayaks or paddle boards. We rented a kayak for $20 an hour and had a great time and we even saw a dolphin. There is a running and biking trail near the hotel too and a few restaurants that you wouldn't have to drive to.

Room Tip: No room is a good room with the amount of noise from jet airplanes.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rick B, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thanks for giving us a try!

Great points for others that are thinking about where to stay. Yes, it's tough without a car, but if you chose to stay downtown, believe me you would pay $30+ per night for overnight parking...and also any parking lots you might drive to...so that would add up much faster than the cab rides in my opinion. Uber is another great way to get around and is lower in cost generally than a cab ride...fyi.

Again, it's funny how we get reviews about airport noise being too much, and others saying they never heard them...but it all depends on the individual in my opinion...but we do have wonderful windows that alleviate most all the noise.

Also, we will be having Deco Bikes installing bikes to rent all over the city in the next few months (one will be near our hotel), so in the future you can ride all over the city!

Thanks for the straight forward review and all the best!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our family stayed overnight at this hotel after a long flight and it turned out to be a perfect spot for us given its proximity to the airport and walking trails, comfortable beds, super clean room, and friendly staff.

The Good:
+ The room was super clean and comfortable. Must have been recently upgraded. Good quality linens and comfortable beds.
+ Two minute drive from airport but not overwhelmed with airplanes screeching overhead
+ Proximity to many walking paths along the water -- right out the back door -- and to plenty of places to eat. We had a nice stroll along the water down to Starbucks.
+ Very friendly staff
+ Lots of comfortable outdoor seating by pool and along the water.
+ Short drive to downtown

The not-so-good:
- This is a serious nit-pick but we had a little trouble finding a parking space. Maybe because it was July 4th and you could see fireworks from property (?)

Overall, this was all we could have asked for in terms of a post-flight stopover on the way to a vacation rental elsewhere in San Diego County.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms facing the pool and water seemed to have balconies.

Thanks!

Your review was wonderful and helps paint the picture of where we are and what we feel like. Liberty Station is still a very unknown area, but all it takes is a visit and you will be hooked!

Sorry about the parking issue. Fortunately we very rarely have any issues, but yes, on the 4th we had non-guests park in our lot that caused some issues. Next year we will have traffic monitors in place to help this issue....did I mention that our parking is FREE! Unlike most San Diego hotels, we can save you $30+ for each car you bring.

Thanks for the review and we wish you well!