What a great ending to our vacation! We stayed here for just one night before our flight out of San Diego airport. The location was ideal for us. The hotel, while not luxurious, more than met our needs and we are happy to recommend it.
The hotel itself has contemporary styling. Not to my tastes, but it was clean, comfortable and very functional. The bathroom was great. It looked like they put a lot of thought into the needs of the business traveler, with easy computer hookups and a comfortable work chair. The flat screen tv was great, with HD channels---something our much higher priced hotel had lacked. Don't expect fancy sheets or towels, but do expect a comfortable sleep. We were pleasantly surprised that the airport noise didn't affect us at all. Free parking, too.
The hotel is in the Liberty Station area. It is next to Homewood Suites, but is newer. We didn't need a suite and didn't need or desire to cook our own meals, so Courtyard was just fine with us. There are plenty of chain type restaurants within walking distance, but the hotel restaurant was an absolute gem! We ate dinner there, but had an excellent meal. After eating overpriced, ridiculous meals for a few days, the meal in the Courtyard was a welcome surprise! The wine list, although not extravagant, was well thought, and reasonably priced. The bar was also a welcome relief. The staff was excellent, friendly, but not over the top. Well done, Courtyard!
If you have extra time, you might consider driving to the Cabrillo monument. It's an easy 15 minute drive through a mostly residential area. They have limited hours (9-5?), but it's well worth even a short visit to Rosecrans cemetery and the monument. The views are spectacular. Enjoy your trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand-new waterfront Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station is nestled along the water just minutes from Downtown, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, and the historic Gaslamp district. The hotel is adjacent to a beautiful 46-acre waterfront park with miles of waterfront trails. A fresh-stylish on-site restaurant, bar and deli offer multiple dining options with indoor and outdoor seating. Experience a modern destination combined with the rich history that can be found in Liberty Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Airport
- San Diego Courtyard