“The immigrants were tough!”
Review of Star of India

Star of India
Book In Advance
US$126.59*
and up
Viator Exclusive: San Diego Luxury Dinner Cruise with Window Seating and...
US$25.00*
San Diego Harbor Cruise
US$79.00*
San Diego Whale Watching Cruise and Maritime Museum Entry
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous sailing ship docks at the Maritime Museum of San Diego.
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I went on board as it used to be the "Euterpe" bringing immigrants to New Zealand from England in the 1870s. I wanted to see what conditions were like as I am writing a family history in which my family sailed from England to NZ in 1875. The Star of India is very interesting and well set up with the details of its history. I gained a lot of perspective from just being able to see what the dimensions were like and how the shop would have functioned in that role as an immigrant ship. For other visitors, it provides a very good review of how trading was done or the transport available. whatever your reason to see it, the Star of India is a great visit.

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

We had a blast walking through the ship and looking at all the artifacts, hand written accounts of past voyages etc. the kids had a great time as well which is sometimes hard to accomplish at a museum. Would highly recommend viewing

Reviewed 8 March 2013

We went to see the Star of India - it was a relaxing morning. Not too busy. The Docent was there and told us a few things my brother didn't already know - he is pretty much an expert. I think he may have told her some things she didn't know, so it was a great exchange of information, and she took our photo - even better. The Maritime Museum is well worth a visit when you are in San Diego. We were fortunate that the Celebrity Century was in dock, so I could take photos of her.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

easily accessible from downtown, the star of india is a fun piece of nautical history for all ages. kids have a great time exploring the nooks and crannies of the ship and adults have the opportunity to learn many interesting facts about the ship and its history. also, its hard to beat the views from the deck of lovely san diego harbor.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

The star was good as were the other sail ships, there's 5 or 6 vessels to go through and explore and there's even a Russian sub for which I have one word of advise ... Duck!

2  Thank Rokan72