“Overpriced and overcooked”

Osetra Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Osetra Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #189 of 4,753 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: E Street
Transit: Trolley and Buses Stops are only steps from us. Please visit www.sdcommute.com go to trip planner and enter the address of your location or landmark and for destination enter HORTON PLAZA on landmark. We are located 1 short block from the Mall.
Description: In the heart of Gaslamp Quarter and walking distance from The Convention Center and main Downtown Hotels OSETRA Seafood & Steaks combines a stylish- modern ambiance with California flavors , high end USDA Prime Steaks and we are one of the only restaurants in San Diego serving Australian and Japanese A9 wagyu grade beef combined with the most outstanding fresh Seafood . OSETRA Seafood & Steaks offers a full bar , craft cocktails and a Raw Bar in a playful and sophisticated chic ambiance . OSETRA was stablished in 2004 and has become one of the top destinations in Gaslamp suggesting a new vision for Downtown San Diego dinning.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Overpriced and overcooked”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Oysters were good but not great. Shucking was sub par and shell particles throughout. Entree's the couple with us had extremely overcooked. Lobster, Fish , and steak all were wrong. The only thing positive I can say, is food looked very good on plate. All of this for $215. WOW what a disappointment. Won't be back.

Visited August 2014

Portland, Oregon
“I haven't even paid the bill yet, and I want to tell you to stay away.”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Oestra is a big place, but most tables are empty. This should have been my first sign, but I thought 7 pm was too early for the place to crows up. It's now 8:22 and the place is mostly empty.

My wife and I started with calamari/shrimp, crab cake, and mushroom soup. The calamari/ shrimp were good, and the cream of mushroom soup was fantastic. The crab cake, however was not fresh. It was quite fishy. I ordered the ahi tuna, but ended up with more mashed potatoes than fish. Ended up eating the fish and leaving behind half the potatoes.

My wife ordered their seafood spaghetti special, which they advertised as being "like a ciopinno" with clams, shrimp, mussels, and lobster. In reality it was a small pasta dish with a couple shrimp, clams, and a whole lobster plopped on top...and a $50 price tag to boot, which I should have inquired about prior to ordering. Then we had to work for the lobster meat, when the kitchen should have done the dirty work in the back.

Anyhow, be warned.

• Visited August 2014
“Business meeting dinner”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I ate in one of the large rooms upstairs. The menu only contained a few items for the occasion. Appetizers were served family style. The tuna roll was excellent as were the fried shrimp. Next came a great garden salad - the dressing was very good and the greens were fresh and flavorful. My enter was the salmon with spinach risotto and I was very please with it. Lastly desert was teramisu which was gone before I knew it.

San Diego, California
“Happy Hour Review”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Popped in for Happy Hour. Was a little leery of the seafood quality when we were seated and noticed the bar table seats were in dire need of reupholstering/replacement. After a chat with the bartending and manager they assured us the restaurant was planning a major overhaul, but the seafood was fresh and high quality, we decided to settle in and enjoy. The service was great, the HH choices were plentiful and everything was delicious. The dishes passing us from kitchen to table all looked fantastic. We will definitely be back for not only HH, but for dinner as well

Visited August 2014
Bismarck, North Dakota
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I came here one night with a customer after a work conference thinking this would be a good seafood place in San Diego but I was wrong. Everyone at our table (5) was very dissatisfied with the food they received. People had lobster, steak, lamb and fish but no one enjoyed any of it. One of my co-workers even got food poisoning from eating here. Our server was very good and was really the only good part of the meal. She was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu, just didn't live up to the hype though. I eat out a lot for work and this place just didn't jive with me.

• Visited February 2014