“Beware of theft !!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Mission Bay RV Resort
Ranked #185 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Mesa
“Beware of theft !!”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Staff not friendly at check in., They are always busy talking to each other and not friendly to the customers, My bike was stolen right by my RV door at night, I called the office but they did not care and told me to go tell the guard, I think theft must be common and no one was concerned or stopped by my site and talked to me about it, I asked for the SD police number and they did not even know.

4 Thank kknmesa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Mission Bay RV Resort is what it is. And that's not necessarily bad. Yes, it's a giant parking lot on the bay. If you are looking for a place to park your RV that is not open to the general public, safe enough, and has excellent access to Sea World, Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, etc., then this will be ideal. If you're looking for a rustic location or an out-of-doors experience, you're in the wrong place. Let's be frank about the benefits: Pavement means easy in-and-out with your RV or car, less dirt tracked into the RV than the average campground, and an opportunity for the kids to ride their bikes/scooters/skate boards around. There is also a beach just outside the entrance (less than 5 min walk from your spot) to grab a short visit to the ocean without waves (perfect for the little ones). I can't speak for the bathrooms or laundry, as we don't need them, but I can say that on my last 3 visits the hook-ups are consistently good (even if the wifi is consistently inadequate - BYOInternet connection). Never had any problems with the office or management, but do not expect them to be in the office all day - morning is most likely. Good luck!

1 Thank wandermomma
San diego
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Looks great on the map, but don't be tempted. Unlike most companies in the hospitality business, this place works very hard to drive people away. Too many rules. Checkin people are rude and unhelpful. Snack bar people are impolite and not too smart. There in no customer service to speak of. Your feel like the only reason you are there is to pay their salaries. Prices are too high, everyone is jammed together like sardines in the summer. Wifi works less than 50 percent of the time. Baths and showers are old and dirty, rusting pipes. Not cleaned very often. Feces on the floor. Parks is old, looks like the 40s or 50s. No pool, no amenities. Seriously, stay away. Go somewhere else. Or just stay home.

Room Tip: Stay away. Go somewhere else, or just stay home.
6 Thank Chuck N
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We booked 2 nights here because campland was full, we planned 8 days for our trip 2 at mission bay rv and 6 at campland.

We arrived at about 8:10pm and checked in with security since the office had already closed. Security was nice and effecient. The problem began when we got to our spot. First off, people don't park within their spot, they hang out in the road making it hard for others to pull your trailer or rv down to your spot.

So we get to our spit and we pull in and we can't access our hookups because of where they are located. I told them what our trailer was when we booked but they put us in the one spot with a pole right at the end so we could back in enough. We were backed up to a grassy area and a lot of trailers were hanging over into the grass but we couldn't do that because of the pole. Also electric and water hookups are in the middle of the camp spots next to you. So plan on bringing extensions for all your hookups.

So we borrowed a hose from our neighbor (the other guests were nice enough) to get some water but that was it. We slept with all of our windows open because of the heat. There was no noise restrictions enforced and a lot of people were very loud playing music and yelling back and forth which kept me up for quite a while. It was very quiet in the morning with all the partiers sleeping in though.

When I went to check in at the office the next morning I mentioned that we couldn't hook up to anything because of where the hookups were located. The guy said he wanted to check it out and when he got to our spot told me that our trailer was longer than what I told them. I said no, look right there on the trailer that is what size it is and that's what all of our paperwork says the length is. He said I could go buy extenders but they don't have any on site. I told him I wasn't going to spend extra money for one night and I said so I'm basically sol then? And he said yes. I called over to campland to see if there were any cancellations and luckily there was a spot so we packed up and left. They did give me a refund without a fuss because apparently there were a lot of people waiting at the park next door to get in.

Overall, I would never go back nor would I ever recommend this place to anyone that I like. I would risk the $50 fine for camping in mission beach parks parking lot before going back.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Jenij1221
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We have stayed at the "resort" for the past 3 years and will be there again in July. It is a giant parking lot that is true! The spots are nice and level with picnic benches and trees. We have found it really good for our son he meets some new and old friends from past years. He can ride his bike or skate board and we don't worry about him. We have a "special needs" daughter and she loves it too! We take our two small dogs with us and there is a nice path to walk a good distance by the bay. There is paddle board, sail boat and jet ski rental just outside the gate. There is a smaller beach where big and small kids can play in the bay. There is a huge public park just outside the park where there is always something going on. The "real" beach is close to bike or drive. Its true you don't see a lot of staff but I like that. If you need someone you can get help. Weekends can be a little noisy but not unreasonable, just people having fun! You could find something bad if you look hard enough! The kids love "movie night" on the grass! Its a lovely place!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom C
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This was a good place to stay ....staff was really nice and the place was really clean...

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank jackio10
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This is an asphalt parking lot between two dilapidated mobile home parks. The beach is outside the park in the public bay. There are way too many rules that are unnecessary as its barely half full. The park is very clean and the guests are all nice. I stayed here to save a few bucks over Campland - bad idea. No playgrounds, no pool, no restaurant, no store, NO FUN.

• Stayed June 2012