“Good location but noisy rooms and low service!”

Cabrillo Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #180 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I checked in three days ago. The entrance was easy to find. The parking lot is under ground and my Mustang was a bit big and when I asked the owner f I could park outside, he sais, yes outside is possible but your Mustan could fit in the garage. The owner walked with me to the garage to help me park the car, but I parked the car very easily in the reverse next to another car.

After a few hours I returned back to my car and I saw a big scratch at the door of my car. It looked like the owner of the car next to mine opend his door, but the car that scatched me, was not there any more. So I walked to the desk to ask the owner if he knew who the owner is that was parked next to mine, because the parking lot was very small and there were just a few spots, so the owner might know whos car it was. Also you have to fill the license plate of your car at check-in, so the owner could easily find the one that drove away,

The owner said: There was no car parking next to you.
I was furious. I parked my car and the owner was with me when I was parking the car.

I think the owner knew who it was, but did not want any trouble so he told me that he will find out who it was.

I never heard from him any more.

After 2 nights i checked out.

The room was old but okay, the bed was okay, only the building is to noisy, you can hear everything. The walls are thin.

But the scratch and when the owner said that there was nobody parked next to my car, made my 2 night stay at this motel not so good. Also because he said that he would find out and he never talked about it with me anymore, even when I checked out he did not say anything.

Bad service! If you can not keep your word, don't promise things that you can't or don't want to.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Zoubeir87

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Wonderful place, old San Diego charm. Clean & very comfortable. Office staff very helpful and friendly. Handy to food, drink, bus, and harbor. Easy drive from I-5. Pt. Loma is a favorite of mine, glad I could stay and hope to return. Dazzling patios, felt like old Mexico, colorful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lee C
Pt_Loma2, Manager at Cabrillo Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the kind words and we will be renovating our rooms at the end of summer!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was a fun place to stay. It's walking distance to just about everything you need and There's a private beach just up the road before you get to the Naval Sub Base. We were on the third floor with a beautiful view of the bay. If you stay here check out Harbor Town Pub across the street. The calamari tacos are amazing.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or restaurant but there's access to the bay within walking distance and restaur...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brooke O
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I just recently stayed here and was very well pleased. Is it a Hyatt? No, but it also costs about $100 less. The room I stayed at on the third floor was spotless. The bed, furniture, carpets and the bathroom were very new. I found a big plus which was the incredible view of the city and bay from the terrace; you can even see Mexico lights at night. There were several chairs and tables available on the terrace, which was a great place to have a glass of wine in the evening. Another plus is that there are at least ten excellent restaurants within walking distance and most are moderately priced. Miguel's, Old Venice (best spinach lasagne I have ever tasted), Red Sails Inn, Brigantine and Fiddler's Green are local favorites within an short walk from the hotel. The management was very nice, cordial and helpful. The parking is a little tight but all in all I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PortACheryl
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Find anywhere else - even a park bench -- just a horrible hotel the list is endless and looks like the hotel management has never upgraded or spent any money on repairs - you can start with the multiple tears in the carpet - the ripped and shredded curtain - the ratty bed cover and blanket also with numerous holes and rips - the bathroom floor with a pocket of mold on the tiles - no cover on an expose bathroom light fixture - numerous chips in the bathtub - and the bathroom toilet and shower are separate from the wash basin - we went screaming out of this horrible place - don't believe any pictures they must be from 20 years ago

Room Tip: try a brand name hotel - best western or ramada are near by
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MikeB8967

We would like to say we are very sorry for any inconvenience you experienced staying with us. However we have a no pet policy and this room was issued because you had a pet. This hotel is an older hotel and we keep it clean and our rooms are all compliant with all safety standards. Our pictures are very accurate. We apologize again that you were given the room that we accept pets in. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have enjoyably been visiting this small family-run Inn in the sleepy Point Loma Village, for years. There have been some 'unflattering reviews' published on the property however, it has been my increasing experience the problems are most with many poorly mannered guests - not the Inn itself! Contradictory to (other) comments, the place is very nicely kept - considering it is an older bldng. The Housekeeping is spotless, the in-room amenities are basics not "4-star", but all work together well. The view of the San Diego bay and glittering skyline from the upper deck, rivals none on all of Point Loma. The Inn itself used to be a quiet place to come and rest, where most everything falls silent in the Village after dark - only the sound of the Pt.Cabrillo foghorn in the distance can be heard. The REAL problem is the increase in ill-mannered, poorly bred guests. Because the property is built around a small courtyard, all sound carries - particularly after hours. There has been an influx of annoying, rude guests running outside @ all hours to talk on their Cell phones, recent stays. Naturally, the acoustics do not support this well and many's the time I have had some moron walking about late into the night or early morning hours, speaking @ full volume as they stomp past the windows. The reception both WiFi and Cell has never posed a challenge therefore, it is simple to stay IN the room to make Cell calls. This is just an ignorant and very stupid habit many people practice nowadays, of running outside for the whole world to hear their rambling babble. I have complained many times to the Mngr. and he is quick to scold the offending guest. I recommend it has become necessary to post signs around the courtyard/common areas, reminding Guests to be courteous around the rooms & no outdoor noise after hours; the sole problematic situation I have been disturbed by. As for the rooms, heavy reno. is underway at this time, and some of the odor issues will soon be vanquished. Their parking can indeed be tight no doubt however all in all, this place still gives you the most bang for a buck, close to Shelter Island.

Room Tip: Close to Shelter Island - just across street. Restaurants, Village, & Post Office, easy walking...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank NewportBeachWords

Thank you for your honest and helpful review. We are taking many steps to improve our hotel as well as the upcoming guests. We appreciate you staying with us and being so thorough in your assessment. We hope that you will come back and stay with us as our hotel will be very different in the near future!

Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

Granted it was less expensive than some other offerings, but it was also Cheap!! Smelled, dirty and was an old hotel. The staff was friendly, the parking was very cramped, but it is San Diego. We needed a place to stay for our sons graduation from Marine Corps boot camp, and this did provide for that need.

• Stayed: August 2012