“Rooms feels dirty ”

Cabrillo Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #187 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I can't say for sure if I was bitten by bugs on the bed, but the carpet and room smelled old and mould and the cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired.

Pros: in parking expensive city like San Diego, the free parking us a godsend

Look for some place else if you have a choice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yunen

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. When first checking in, we were greeted by the owner, Dan and he immediately made us feel welcome. He had some larger rooms that were available for our stay and upgraded us to a larger one.
Room was on the 4th floor overlooking the Bay, Shelter Island was just a couple blocks away and the downtown city lights were a fantastic view from the large common patio/balcony on each floor!
Dan was very helpful recommending places to go with regard to what we were interested in.
There is a liquor/grocery store right across the street as well as the Harbor Pub next to it. Plenty of breakfast cafes or restaurants to walk to in the morning.
I would definitely stay here again. The place was recommended to me by a friend of mine who lives in the SD area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pilotscove
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The good thing is the location of the hotel, in the middle of the main street + a hotel parking.
The room was big but unpleasent. We had the feeling that anyone can get into the room throu the window. The "breakfast" wasn't something to mention, better to skip it. we found two nice places in the same street for breakfast.

Room Tip: find yourself a better place
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hagith2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is no 5 star hotel but the rooms are acceptable. I would stay here again. Friendly owners. Nice view from balcony. If you're looking for an inexpensive room good location yes this place is good. Neighborhoods in point loma are beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AndrewM588
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

One of the worst hotels at which I have stayed, throughout the world, in any price range, for any reason, hands down. Room was an absolute dump. Had 0 light in the room when we returned from an evening out (plugging in my iPhone shorted the only light). Spent an hour trying to rectify the situation. Mold, cobwebs, patched doors, dirty patches, horribly soiled bed, extension cords, retarded room layout, disgusting EVERYTHING, including owner attitude. "Trip Advisor" recommendation in the window - better vette these places a little more carefully before issuing a validation, at the very least. I have had so much success on Trip Advisor, and am very appreciative for it, but this is bad. Spend the extra couple to stay elsewhere, or take a longer cab ride to get to where you want to be. Skip this shtick hole.

Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank iDanLyman
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I travelled to the beautiful and sunny city of San Diego due to an International Conference accompanied with my Brother and friend. We booked this hotel via internet. The large spacious room was equipped with two beds, TV, furniture, refrigerator, strongbox and air – conditioner. The room was very nice and clean. The beds were huge. I think two people could sleep on the one bed. I prefer this type of bed, because sleeping was very comfortable. Toilet and bathtub were clean. The accomodation is at very affordable prize. The location of hotel is very good. Rosecrans Street is one of the most important and frequented streets in San Diego. It is only approximately 10 minutes walk from the hotel to the Shelter Island and there is no problem to get to the Seaworld, Downtown, Oldtown and Airport by car, or cab. There is a lot of space for parking either beside of hotel, or directly inside the property. I was very kindly surprised by the owner of Cabrillo hotel Mr. Dan Patel. He helped us a lot. He rented car for us and he gave important information about San Diego. He was ready to help us anytime. Hi Dan, Thank you very much for everything. You did our trip excellent. I hope, I will meet you in your hotel again:-) Greetings from Slovakia:-)

Room Tip: It is a good idea to book some room on the fourth floor, because there is a very nice view of the Do...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 13Martin_1985
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I came with my brother and friend to this hotel for a vacation. I have had great times in this hotel. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The bed were very large, such for two people. Hotel is situated in very good location. The price per night was unbeatable ! The Rosecrans street is one of the most important streets in San Diego. The hotel is very close to the Shelter Island. Nearby the hotel, there are situated 2 Mc Donalds, also Jack in the Box. Very close to the hotel you can find also U.S. Post Office. I was surprised by the owner of this hotel, Mr. Dan Patel. He was very very kind. He helped us a lot. He gave us many important information how to have great times in San Diego. He helped us also to arrange the rental of the car. I appreciate his human attitude. I am glad to know him :-) Thank you very much Dan. You are very great man. I hope, we see you again :-)

Room Tip: The room on the 4th floor is perfect choice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends