“Exceeded All Expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Mesquite, Nevada
“Exceeded All Expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

There's simply nothing like having an unspoiled view of the Pacific Ocean---so close you can almost touch it---and certainly close enough to enjoy the sound of the surf lulling you to sleep...The room was especially well-appointed, clean, and the staff went out of their way to insure our comfort. The location in Pacific Beach afforded ideal walking opportunities, both along the walking/bike path, the beach, and into town just a block away. Yes, there is an additional fee for parking, but in that area, parking is hard to come by. The parking garage was underneath the building and well-lit. The building itself is constructed in angles to provide optimum ocean viewing from all of the beach-facing rooms, and providing privacy somewhat. We did not partake of the pool or jacuzzi, but both looked inviting. Yes, I would enjoy coming back and staying longer next time!

Room Tip: Need to be on the ocean side--otherwise would be an entirely different experience!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
lakewood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

A beautiful hotel right on the beach! The staff was amazing, and the room was also. I don't think I have ever slept in a more comfortable bed...wish I could have taken it home with me! Complimentary wine at sunset, beautiful views, could not ask for any better. You will not regret staying here, in fact you won't be able to wait til you can return! Loved it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mynnk
Eagle, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I just spent this last weekend (Nov. 15th &16th) at the Pacific Terrace Hotel and had one of the best weekends in the last 10 years. Right on the beach, beautiful hotel, and my suite was a large room with a mini-kitchen with a granite bar. Very tastefully decorated. Best part was the service. The manager, Joe Sutherland was very helpful and professional. We had a large group of relatives staying at the hotel, with various requests, all of which were quickly taken care of. Also, Dan and Shannon were especially accommodating. Shannon brought 4 hot chocolates for the little ones in the group one night. They loved it. I am already planning my trip for next year to come back and stay longer.

Room Tip: Choose a room beach side.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Willene G
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Pacific Terrace Hotel in September this year and thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay. The location is spot on. Close to all the sights of San Diego and perfectly positioned to enjoy the stunning sunsets in the evening. It is walking distance to several restaurants. The pool area is lovely and of course you are so very close to the beach. Rooms were spotless.
The staff were extremely helpful. They even returned to us, a photo of myself and family that I thought was lost forever. A member of staff must have found the photo after we had checked out and thoughtfully sent it on to us. We live in the UK!! Definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kav12_12
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Let me just start out by saying WOW, what a view. My wife and I could not have been more impressed with the full ocean view suite. It was incredible to fall asleep every night listening to waves and have them to wake up to in the morning. It was incredible to sit on balcony, listen to waves and people watch. The staff was ultra friendly and more than willing to assist with any and all our needs. I can't thank them individually because I lost the piece of paper with their names on it. The concierge who started each of our 5 days off with a plan. The desk people in the evening who were there to greet us upon our return and actually seemed interested in what we had done. I want to say her name was Rachel, she was one of the sweetest and genuinely kind people to ever greet me at a hotel. I can't let this review end without a special shout out to the girl who made the cookies and still found time to bring me drinks by the whirl pool. This was a luxury hotel with a luxury price but, in my opinion, worth every dime. Keep smiling staff of the Pacific Terrace Hotel, it is contagious, Thanks for a great trip.

Room Tip: Rm 221 was closest to ocean but you also heard alot of people on boardwalk, but I loved it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charles H
Fraser, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed. The location is perfectly located by the beautiful city of La Jolla and on the white sandy beaches of "PB" The hotel is incredibly clean, spacious and comfortable. We were greeted throughout our stay with respectful competent staff.
Highest Rating Review! Great job! (It is difficult for me to not sound like an ad:) We loved our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the ground level to the right of pool.
1 Thank CMS1229
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

The combination of location, staff, room and facility made it the best hotel I have ever personally experienced. I have been travelling both inside the US and internationally for over 30 years and this hotel rates above all the rest.

The location can not be beat. While the price may seem high at first you would be hard pressed to find a better valued hotel anywhere in So. CA. Right on the board walk, spectacular views of the the ocean, excellent pool area, free bike rentals. Easy walk to shops and many restaurants. Try Fat Fish for an excellent Cantina menu.

The only negative comment is that parking cost an extra $22 per night. We opted for the free street parking (we were in a rental car). While this was a small hassle it really was not that inconvenient.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $$ for the ocean view.
1 Thank Casey C