Pacific Terrace Hotel
US$115
US$99
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$512
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$236
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$198
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$226
US$276
US$220
US$320
US$206
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$310
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$126
2,138 results
All reviewsfull ocean viewboogie boardssand toysocean frontbeach chairsla jollafamily suitepool areahear the wavesturn down serviceboard walkview roomcrystal pierfirst floorhot tubsmall hotelunderground parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've done a fair amount of traveling at some very high end hotels and I can say without reservation that this was my best hotel experience yet. Staff and accommodations were impeccable. Tremendous value. I probably would not have intentions of staying in San Diego again accept the Pacific Terrace will likely lure me back. Incredible experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Craig S
Reviewed 30 March 2014

So I passed a really hard winter in Montreal , Quebec. I told myself where am I dreaming to go this winter. I dreamt of San Diego , California. I researched a hotel on the beach with the amenities I was looking for. travelling Solo posed a challenge. I am so happy and grateful I chose PTH. It was everything I dreamt about to get myself back together and relaxed. The staff was so so wonderful, friendly , accommodating and super friendly. I was a little afraid, but from the minute I got there I knew I was going to be happy. The Hotel is so beautiful!! I felt so pampered. I was right on the beach and near the pier and all the beach life I wanted. I was close to the boardwalk so I was able to do my exercises , walking and biking. Breakfast was not included, I had to pay....but it was worth every penny!! outstanding...wonderful staff and the food was so much and delicious. The pool was clean and beautiful and after a hard day of activities I would go into the hot tub(Jacuzzi) to relax. The room was more than a princess could dream of.

when I first arrived, they made a mistake and placed me in a room without a Balcony or deck and I firmly opposed, because it was the first thing I asked for when I booked....I was expecting a difficult argument. The manager immediately put me in the 1st floor suite....which was suited for a group of kings! I could not believe my eyes! I got scared and ran to the front desk and asked them if the price had changed and she said "no" that I would pay the same price because they made the mistake, and they included free beach towels, and bycicle. Yes the place is pricey, but if you can afford it ....it is everything I ever dreamt of and I would go back.....I worked very hard for this trip and they made my dream come true.

One of the best parts was I was not far from LaJolla, which I dreamt of seeing because I had no car, I rode my bike there....thank god I'm in shape. I loved PTH hope to go back again and share it with someone else....Go there if you can!

Room Tip: you must call them and confirm what type of room they are putting you in!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Mastroprimiano
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed with our grandson, escaping Chicago's cold, and it was delightful. We had a room on the first floor, with a lovely patio right by the pool, and it was really convenient. The room was spacious, the beds ridiculously comfortable and the bathroom well-appointed. Every person on the staff was pleasant and made a point of greeting you. Great atmosphere, plus we could walk to many shops and restaurants. The proximity to the beach was awesome, and the
pool with its wind-buffering glass panels was great. Plusses were the complimentary beach chairs and toys, but there was a $14/day for "beach package," which I gather meant the towels we used each day. Valet parking was $25/day, but we were able to find free street parking every night. Overall a great place to stay in a fabulous location, and we will return.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Pat A
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I cannot say enough about this hotel. It is a gem.
Perfect location for laying on the beach or cruising the boardwalk.
The rooms are exceptional. Very large with a patio that leads to the pool or to a daily wine tasting.
You can go from your room to the pool to the beach back to the pool and then to your room without missing a beat.
The ambiance and location made for a very romantic anniversary celebration.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor next to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julia K
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Positives - Tommy Bahama toiletries are excellent and we really liked the decor. Room was large and very clean and shower strong and hot. Cookies every afternoon are nice. Nice stretch of beach and walking distance to many restaurants. Overall we had a nice stay.

Negatives - Couldn't take full advantage of our balcony or view due to neighbors chain smoking on their balcony. At reservation time, my credit card was charged for 2 nights instead of the 1 night indicated on the site. Parking should be included as on-street parking even mid-week was impossible. Adding $25 to the room rate is a bit much. Free wi-fi was often slow. Breakfast not included.

Hints - If you are in a partial view room, try for the north side. The south side overlooks the lobby, garage entrance and a public restroom.(Beep, beep, beep of delivery trucks backing up every morning.) Reservation said "welcome glass of wine, complimentary internet access, souvenir photo, bicycle rentals, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, and a 1pm late check-out. You also receive 50% off of the breakfast menu in the Caribbean Room" none of which was mentioned at check-in so you will need to remember to ask the desk about any deals that were included in your room reservation.

Room Tip: North side quieter for partial view rooms, third floor best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple