“NOT THE SAME HOTEL AS WHEN WE STAYED 10 TIMES BEFORE!”

Pacific Terrace Hotel
Ranked #6 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel has gone downhill.... they must be affected by the economy. No wine time at 5 pm.....only 1 glass when you check-in.....toiletry products downgrade.....the bed height is way to high to get into bed.....bumped my toes several times..not enough tv channels..they still have cookie time at 4 pm but now you get looks from the staff if you take too many....:-( ....maybe next time when we will stay in SD we will try another hotel!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: only stay on the 3rd floor with an ocean view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank chanel49
Julie G, Director of Sales at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for posting your review, our staff reads each and every one and we really take the comments to heart! We did convert from the wine hour to a happy hour about 5 years ago, in response to the guests asking for more drink options and specials. Our in-room toiletries are all from the Tommy Bahama resort line, and the feedback we get from our guests is that they love them! I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies - the warm cookie smell coming from our kitchen at about 4 o'clock each day is hard to beat!
We look forward to having you back with us soon, and thank you again, for taking the time to write.
Julie

There are newer reviews for Pacific Terrace Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We received excellent service at this hotel, especially by Dan S., especially with his help with valet, luggage, and dinner recommendations. Pat was also excellent in maintenance. The ocean view exceeded expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hotel staff great, rooms great, fresh baked cookies every afternoon great, breakfast great, drinks available for pool or lounging great. Views wonderful. Stayed one night partial ocean view. Rest of time in ocean view. I agree with other reviews that ocean view is the best forwatching surfers, people on the boardwalk and fantastic sunsets. (But if you get a partial ocean view you see up or down the beach either to the right or left, but not both ways.) Had never been to Dan Diego. Found public transportation downtown and marina area was okay and took cab back at night. rented car to LaJolla area, and the drive was sooo worth it, just beautiful. Fun places to each within walking distance. Dinner outside watching the ocean (they have warmers turned on at night) A rooftop bar for drinks and sandwhiches one night. Great fun area.

Room Tip: We thought we did not want an ocean view room right in the middle directly above the pool, might be...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tam0460
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've done a fair amount of traveling at some very high end hotels and I can say without reservation that this was my best hotel experience yet. Staff and accommodations were impeccable. Tremendous value. I probably would not have intentions of staying in San Diego again accept the Pacific Terrace will likely lure me back. Incredible experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Craig S
Reviewed 30 March 2014

So I passed a really hard winter in Montreal , Quebec. I told myself where am I dreaming to go this winter. I dreamt of San Diego , California. I researched a hotel on the beach with the amenities I was looking for. travelling Solo posed a challenge. I am so happy and grateful I chose PTH. It was everything I dreamt about to get myself back together and relaxed. The staff was so so wonderful, friendly , accommodating and super friendly. I was a little afraid, but from the minute I got there I knew I was going to be happy. The Hotel is so beautiful!! I felt so pampered. I was right on the beach and near the pier and all the beach life I wanted. I was close to the boardwalk so I was able to do my exercises , walking and biking. Breakfast was not included, I had to pay....but it was worth every penny!! outstanding...wonderful staff and the food was so much and delicious. The pool was clean and beautiful and after a hard day of activities I would go into the hot tub(Jacuzzi) to relax. The room was more than a princess could dream of.

when I first arrived, they made a mistake and placed me in a room without a Balcony or deck and I firmly opposed, because it was the first thing I asked for when I booked....I was expecting a difficult argument. The manager immediately put me in the 1st floor suite....which was suited for a group of kings! I could not believe my eyes! I got scared and ran to the front desk and asked them if the price had changed and she said "no" that I would pay the same price because they made the mistake, and they included free beach towels, and bycicle. Yes the place is pricey, but if you can afford it ....it is everything I ever dreamt of and I would go back.....I worked very hard for this trip and they made my dream come true.

One of the best parts was I was not far from LaJolla, which I dreamt of seeing because I had no car, I rode my bike there....thank god I'm in shape. I loved PTH hope to go back again and share it with someone else....Go there if you can!

Room Tip: you must call them and confirm what type of room they are putting you in!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Mastroprimiano
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed with our grandson, escaping Chicago's cold, and it was delightful. We had a room on the first floor, with a lovely patio right by the pool, and it was really convenient. The room was spacious, the beds ridiculously comfortable and the bathroom well-appointed. Every person on the staff was pleasant and made a point of greeting you. Great atmosphere, plus we could walk to many shops and restaurants. The proximity to the beach was awesome, and the
pool with its wind-buffering glass panels was great. Plusses were the complimentary beach chairs and toys, but there was a $14/day for "beach package," which I gather meant the towels we used each day. Valet parking was $25/day, but we were able to find free street parking every night. Overall a great place to stay in a fabulous location, and we will return.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Pat A
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I cannot say enough about this hotel. It is a gem.
Perfect location for laying on the beach or cruising the boardwalk.
The rooms are exceptional. Very large with a patio that leads to the pool or to a daily wine tasting.
You can go from your room to the pool to the beach back to the pool and then to your room without missing a beat.
The ambiance and location made for a very romantic anniversary celebration.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor next to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple