“My favorite dive boat & crew in San Diego”

Marissa Dive Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A San Diego dive boat company owned & operated by divers! From Open Water certified to Technical certified divers, you will love our knowledgeable crew and family-like atmosphere. Greater personal experience Trips limited to 6-14 divers. Uncrowded dive sites Our crew has extensive dive safety training. Marissa Dive Charters - simply the best dive charter boat in the San Diego area.
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The first time I went on this boat, it was my first ever boat dive experience and I was sea sick the entire time :(. BUT I got back out there with the proper meds and had a blast! Captain Lora is so awesome. And so was the dive master. I was cold so she actually got me hot bags of water to hug on without me even asking. They had a little music playing and I realized it was just one of the little things that makes the time on the boat so fun! I've been out on the Marissa a few times now and every time I enjoy it. The crew is very knowledgeable and helpful. I feel very safe diving with them. Oh, and last time I went they made warm brownies at the end of the dive...what can be better than that?

1  Thank Jessy0608

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I was spoiled by a lot of dives in tropical destinations but I loved diving with the crew of the Marissa. Great food, great boat and great all around service.

1  Thank Dan N
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Jonathan (son) and I had a fabulous time on the Marissa Dive Boat with three great dives. A huge thank you goes out to Lora (our captain) and Dan (our dive master) for an outstanding job in taking care of everyone! We both look forward to diving with you again in the future. All I can say is DIVE WITH THE MARISSA.

1  Thank Gerald M
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I had the greatest experience diving with this crew. Always friendly and knowledgable. The crew makes you feel like family, they will literally give you the shirt off their back!!! The food is always hot and home cooked. The boat is well equipped with Nitrox on board, and they fill your own personal tanks. This is much better than hauling 2-3 tanks down a dock. I work for the US Coast Guard and looked into their safety record which doesn't have a mark on it, impressive! I can't wait to get out there again with Captain Lora and crew for some good times.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I just returned from a great weekend dive trip in San Diego. The group chartered the Marissa for an extended weekend of diving. The Captain and crew were both excellent and very professional. There was a breakfast snack provided between the first and second dive and a hot cooked lunch between the second and third. There was ample water and soda provided as well.

Additionally, the group was mixed with Rebreather divers, technical divers and recreational divers. The crew’s broad knowledge of all facets of diving showed when they helped each and every one of us in and out of the water, as well as during the thorough dive briefings.
Overall, one of the best dive charters I have been on. The Marissa is a top notch operation that I would recommend to anyone that asks!

1  Thank Matthew75_12