The Westin San Diego
US$579
US$557
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$204
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$227
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$460
US$618
US$528
US$224
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$188
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$213
1,123 results
All reviewsspg membergaslamp districtheavenly bedwalking distancestarbucks coffeebusiness hotelhorton plazauss midwaylobby barfront desk agentairport shuttlegas lampconvention centerbusiness tripvalet parkinghigher floorrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location. Walking distance to Little Italy and Gas Lamp Quarters. The rooms are clean. the bed is very comfortable. You are provided with a fridge in the room. I have been to other Westin hotels that I had to pay for a fridge in the room. It has a nice small gym. You get a free bottle of water every day.

For the parking, there are plenty of parking spots around the hotel for $15 a day. There is one in the corner of West A Street and Columbia Street. Also you can park on the street after 6 PM till 8 AM. One side of the street you are allowed to park on Monday, Wed, Friday till 6 AM and other side of the street on Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday till 6 AM.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank perspolise1
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

perspolise1-

The Westin San Diego is centrally located between all of downtown’s greatest attractions. We are walking distance to Little Italy, the Gaslamp Quarter and the harbor! It is easy to walk or take public transportation from our location.
We know that parking is difficult in downtown San Diego. Our competitively priced valet offers unlimited in and out privileges that the other lots and garages do not offer. Our staff can always help advise you on any of the questions you may have. I look forward to seeing you again soon in San Diego.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Was "upgraded" to one of 18 pure allergen free room from a tradition room. I did not think the room smelled fresh. The air purifier wasn't turned on (when we turned it on, it actually smelled "moldy").

We were able to find a meter parking space on the streets two blocks away late saturday evening. The self parking garage across the street on Columbia was gated off on both sides, maybe because of the marathon Sunday morning. However, when we checked out on sunday morning, we saw the steel gates lifted. Odd.

Opted for the welcome points instead of continental breakfast, so can't comment there. The room was very small, and the hallway was even smaller. Very odd configuration.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shsiang
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Shsiang-I am happy to hear you participated in our PURE program. We love to provide allergen-free rooms as an additional option for our guests. I apologize for any odor from the air purifier-that is not what we aim for and a definite ‘oops’ on our part. Self-parking is available downtown based on availability, on the streets and in parking garages. Our room shapes vary due to our landmark crystal-shaped towers, known as the Emerald Plaza. We hope to welcome you back to America’s finest city.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed for only one night in late May. I chose the hotel due to the closeness of the Amtrak station as I boarded the train at 6 am the next morning. I was very pleased with the check-in procedure and the room. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to friends or family. If the Gaslamp noise level concerns you, this is far enough away (but within walking distance) to not be bothered by Gaslamp partiers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank williamsm
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Williamsm-I’m so happy you chose to stay with us! I’m glad you enjoyed our premier downtown location, close to all the amenities of San Diego such as transportation, restaurants and nightlife. It’s also lovely to hear of your seamless arrival experience and enjoyment of our fresh and welcoming rooms. I can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to San Diego!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

First time staying in Westin. The bed was super comfortable and the room had nice furnishings. I the room. The hotel is in a convenient located near the Gaslamp Quarter and a 10 minute drive to the airport. The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars was because the room layout was super awkward and there was a sticky substance on the bathroom counter when I checked in (room service came up and wiped down shortly after my call). I think the weird layout was specific to our room. I looked at the floor map near the elevator and our room was the only one that was shaped this way. Also, the room wasn't well ventilated - my swimsuit was hung in the bathroom for two days and it still didn't dry.

Room Tip: Don't park in the Westin ($45) or across the street ($20) - park at a meter. The meters are free from 6pm-8am, but make sure you're not on a street that is cleaned overnight (meter will state no parking from 3-6am if it's on a street that is to be cleaned the following day).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Mike M-I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your first time with us, including our updated rooms, comfortable Westin Heavenly beds and convenient downtown location. I love how we’re central not only to the infamous Gaslamp Quarter but also a quick trip to the airport. Our room layouts are unique in that not all rooms are shaped the same due to our diamond-like towers.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The team at the Westin went above and beyond to make our stay - and surprise engagement - so special. I had no idea we were getting engaged that night and the team made sure I didn't think something was up. My fiancé worked with the team to ensure that nothing about the reservation I booked looked suspicious, yet all the while, they were plotting to bring me several surprises! The accommodations were amazing (hello, I could live in that bed full of pillows) and the staff was incredible. Our special thanks to concierge Molly, who was in on the surprise and now an integral part of 'our story'. Thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Rebecca O-from everyone here at the Westin San Diego, thank you for sharing this rave review! All of us, especially Molly, are thrilled to have been a part of your engagement. Congratulations again! I love hearing your compliments of our ‘amazing’ staff and Westin Heavenly bed, a signature of our brand. We can’t wait to welcome you and your fiancée back for your next stay! Perhaps an anniversary celebration next year is in order?