1,541 results
All reviews spg member heavenly bed gaslamp district walking distance front desk agent business hotel uss midway business trip airport shuttle gas lamp horton plaza valet parking bay view wonderful stay convention center free shuttle per day
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family came down for a Thursday-Saturday trip to Sea World and to visit the Gaslamp District. The rooms were terrific, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was marvelous! A first rate experience. And what a great view from the 19th floor! Wow! The best part, in an odd way, was when my son left his rather expensive headphones in the room and didn't discover it until we got home. I called down to ask if they had been found, and got an immediate return call from John in security who told me they were found! After I struggled with getting FedEx to get a shipping label, John took care of everything and my son's headphones are on the way back home! :-) Next time we are in San Diego, we will be staying at The Westin! Thanks John, and everyone else at this marvelous hotel!

Room tip: Get a room on the side that faces the water. We had rooms on the 15th and 19th floors, and the view was amazing!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Eric H
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Eric H-all of us at the Westin San Diego thank you for staying with us! I am so happy you and your family enjoyed such a lovely time with us. We strive to provide exceptionally clean accommodations, a restful night’s sleep aided by our Westin Heavenly beds, and the highest level of service by our staff. I can definitely understand the stress caused by losing a personal item and I love hearing how John expediently took care of returning your son’s headphones. We can’t wait to welcome you all back on your next stay in San Diego!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel was what I'd expected from a Westin -- clean, quiet, and comfortable. Not as grand as the US Grant down the street but more functional with better bathrooms. I've stayed at several hotels in downtown San Diego in recent years and they were all fine. But I never had the urge to revisit any of them. So I tried this Westin, and would definitely stay here again. It's fairly business like, but the beds are good and the concierge booked a wonderful massage for me in the hotel, even though there isn't really a spa. It's the people at the Westin that make the difference. From Juan and Korena in the dining room to the bell hops and valet parking people, everyone was helpful and friendly.

1  Thank Jmrusch

Jmrusch- from the entire team here at the Westin San Diego, especially Juan and Korena, thank you for this incredible feedback! I am beyond thrilled to hear of your enjoyable and restful stay with us. This type of warm, friendly and seamless service is the type of experience we strive to provide all our guests. We can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to San Diego!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My only issue with this place is that there is no continental breakfast. I think all hotels should offer that, especially with the price you pay to stay there. Overall this place was clean and quiet. It's in walking distance of so many things as well as the trolley stop.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Simpsonatc22 – I was happy to read about your quiet and restful experience with us. We do offer continental breakfast through room service and our restaurant Coast. We also offer quick grab and go items such as fruit, pastries and bagels from our coffee shop Aroma. I am sorry for any confusion. We hope to welcome you back to San Diego soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The location is nice. However, for a 4 star hotel, my experience here is only mediocre. The water bottle's seal was broken. Safe deposit box wasn't working properly. Housekeeper forgot to leave shampoo for us in one of the three days that we stayed. Bed is soft. Lots of noise at night despite that we stayed at 24th floor. Elevator is slow. Extra 40 dollars to park is pricey.

Room tip: Staying at 23th floor or below will save you time when waiting for elevator.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrajnaSun

PrajnaSun-I am glad you enjoyed our location. We strive to provide every guest a flawless stay and clearly we fell short during your time with us. Parking is at a premium downtown and we happily offer valet service for our guests priced at the lower end of the area. I hope you return to San Diego and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Westin's biggest asset is its location . It is a walking distance to many downtown and gas lamp quarter attractions . However , the rooms were below what I would consider appropriate for a star hotel. Rooms are relatively small , average in appearance , very very noisy and the bed was uncomfortable . I must say that we were on the 4th floor and I could hear music all night long from the hotel and also could hear the street noise . I do not know if that is the case with higher floors. Worse of all was the sound of the air conditioning that was loud and had a hissing/ ticking sound . The bed was uncomfortable and would not meet a 4 star hotel standard . You have to pay 40 dollars for
Parking fee which is an additional cost. On a positive note , the staff were very helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable.

1  Thank Samk522
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Sam k-I am thrilled you enjoyed our premier location, convenient to the infamous Gaslamp Quarter and all the amenities of downtown San Diego. I am sorry to hear your comments regarding the room size and noise. We are on the large size for accommodations in downtown hotels. Although street noise is unavoidable being in the city, we aim to provide a restful night’s stay for all our guests. I am shocked to hear your comment on the comfort of the bed as we offer Westin Heavenly beds in all our rooms, a signature of the brand and practically guaranteed to provide a peaceful sleep. Parking is an unavoidable charge being in the city and we are happy to offer valet parking service as a convenience for our guests. I am glad hear our staff were not only helpful but went above and beyond during your stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next stay soon!