“Great Friday Night Service”

The Westin San Diego
Ranked #60 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles
“Great Friday Night Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was in town for a long weekend and had the pleasure of being at the Westin. Enjoyed a few drinks at the bar on Friday evening and the service by Jackie was wonderful. Though it was very busy, she was very attentive and took great care of us!

• Stayed August 2014
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
ChristinaDiaz,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Westin San Diego. It is always wonderful o hear great feedback for our associates and I thank you for recognizing Jackie. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Our bar has a great happy hour and daily specials for our guests to enjoy. I hope that you can join us again soon!

Alyssa Turowski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here during Comic Con, mostly choose because of availability and decent pricing during the convention. Room was nice, modern and suited our needs while we were there. Beds were very comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Was a manageable walk to the convention center (about 20 minutes), but also had a shuttle service right outside. They also had all day happy hour for convention attendees with your badge, which was nice, and made the bar a little more affordable. I would definitely consider staying here again, but next time might look for something a little closer to the convention center.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara T
Sara T,
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay over Comic-Con weekend! As one of our busiest weekends of the year, we know that service is still our number one priority and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. Located walking distance from the convention center, we are north of the center and offer a quieter surrounding than the busier Gaslamp District.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I just stayed here while I was taking the bar exam because I live 25-30 minutes away from downtown in no traffic and did not want to deal with the drive. The service is outstanding! The hotel room was clean and the bed was so comfortable that I slept like a rock even with the stress of the exam. Great place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Erin C,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Westin San Diego! We are great choice for a quick trip or for a long vacation. Our signature Westin Heavenly Beds guarantee a superior slumber and you can even take the bed home with you by purchasing exclusively through the Westin at Home online store, Pottery Barn and Nordstroms! On behalf of the staff here at the Westin, we hope that you did well on your exams!

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to this Westin many times but this time I booked the Presidential Suite. It was just an amazing experience with my family. If you have teenage kids this place is big enough n has excellent panoramic views. Shopping is within walking distance n it's not too far away from airport. The down side is that it's near the Courts and at night you expect some concerns about security. Generally these people do leave you alone.

Stayed July 2014
DG0tt,

Our presidential suite lies at the top floor of the Westin San Diego giving you 180 degree views of the city and harbor. Newly remodeled, the Presidential Suite covers the entire 25th floor with 2 master bedrooms and a spacious living area. Our central location allows you to walk to Little Italy, the harbor, the Gaslamp Quarter and to Seaport Village. Great shops and dining are just minutes away. It’s a great place to enjoy your next San Diego vacation.

Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for my last day of the San Diego Comic Con. Since I only booked 1 night I really wasn't expecting much but boy did the wow me. The customer service was awesome, from check in to hailing me a cab. I truly have no complaints. The room was very nice and clean. So many Hotels have taken the coffee out of the rooms, which annoy me, but thus one had both coffee and tea. I was tired after walking all day so when I got in I hopped right in the shower and used the coffee robe they provide. The bed was amazing. I slept like a baby. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I got a king room that overlooked the pool. Nice view of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Shereneshaysherene
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Shereneshaysherene,

We know that service is what sets us apart from the rest. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations for your quick stay with us. Whether it’s for one night or for a week, we strive to make all our guests feel like they are at home. Our signature Westin Heavenly bed and Drench rain shower guarantee a renewing and refreshing stay. You can even take the experience home with you at our Westin at Home on line store!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was separated from my business team members and had to walk to the semnar we were attending. This hotel is within walking distance from the major event centers located on Harbor, next door to the Gas Lamp district and yet more quiet than most (as my team members shared thier location was really noisy). The room was well appointed, clean and the staff was incredibly friendly. I loved the simple yet complete gym facilities and it looked as if many were enjoying the roof top pool. The food options were healthy and yet there were plenty of naughty cheat foods as well. I love thier soap, lotion and shampoo. Would definitely stay again, the price was perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kristin B
Kristin B,
Although we are not in the heart of the busy Gaslamp Quarter, we offer a quieter option near the harbor! We are central to the Gaslamp, Seaport Village and Little Italy and our 25 floor hotel offers breathe taking views of the harbor and the city. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our SuperFoods menu! Westin is committed to help you eat well wherever you are. And you can always find quality when you stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Westin San Diego while I was at a week-long conference at the San Diego Convention Center. We both were very impressed with the hotel's amenities and styling resulting from their recent renovations. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and had a nice view of Broadway and downtown San Diego.

We really appreciated being a few blocks away from multiple trolley and bus stops that allowed us to visit Balbou Park, Little Italy, Old Town, the GasLamp Quarter, Tuna Habor, and the Coronado Island ferry at the Broadway Pier within 40 minutes or less. I also enjoyed grabbing a superfood breakfast bagel or burrito at the cafe located inside the lobby next to the hotel restaurant and then walking each day to the Convention Center.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They resolved a billing issue for me and enhanced our stay with free in-room internet access (unrequested). They also gave my wife advice on bus routes to visit nearby beaches and helped her book a 2-hour bicycle tour of Coronado Island at a discount. Overall, we enjoyed our stay there and would definitely stay here again.

The one warning I would give: Be careful about meal prices at the hotel's dine-in restaurant. The restaurant staff did not display prices for the breakfast buffet anywhere, so my wife and I were shocked to receive a $50 bill ($25/per person) for the buffet. Had we realized it would be so expensive, we would have likely ordered something off the menu or eaten somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Andrew S,

I am delighted to hear you had a great stay at the Westin San Diego. Our location makes us a great option if you care attending a conference in San Diego. Our full service hotel has all the amenities you need and our staff is there to make sure you get great service. Not only are we walking distance to the convention center, but we are also right next to the trolley station and great shops and dining. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you and your family back in San Diego soon!