The check in process was bad. Last time we came here, we had problems with open water bottles and missing items in the room. Other than those issues, the rest of the stay was fine. On Friday we got to the hotel around 235pm. I was informed very rudely that we would not be able to check in. The girl at the front desk then pre-checked us in. I decided to make sure that the requests we had requested were in. Each time I brought something up she made it sound like a chore. Asking questions like, "Well does it have to be....?" I waited for a phone call I was supposed to get while walking around the mall down the street. No call so we decided to come back. Again greeted (fake like) by the same rude girl from earlier. The whole process just seemed like a chore for her. When I requested my complimentary cookie we got another look like I was asking something outside her job scope and the cookies were hard! I purchased a tin of the cookies and they were much better. Granted I paid for them, but the cookies you get should be of equal value. I think I will not be coming back here buy rather try the Hotel Circle location or the Hampton Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The stylish DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego Mission Valley is the premier hotel in Mission Valley and is centrally located between Hotel Circle and Qualcomm Stadium, home of the San Diego Chargers. Boasting beautiful newly renovated guestrooms with a California casual design paying homage to the nearby world famous beaches. The renovation included new beds and mattresses, new carpet and vinyl wall coverings, a unified and highly functional desk, dresser & hospitality unit, new chairs and drapery, new lighting and colorful art from a local photographer, 37” flat screen TV’s, and new exterior double pane windows and balcony doors to soundproof any highway noise. Each oversized guest room is amply appointed for the business or leisure traveler.Relax by our sparkling outdoor pool and whirlpool surrounded by tropical palms. Also enjoy our indoor lap pool and sauna and 24-hour Precor Fitness Center with cardio and resistance training. Tennis courts are also available. Start your day off right with a delicious breakfast in Fountain Café featuring a Mediterranean-influenced atmosphere. Also dine in Windows Lounge overlooking the pool patio where you can grab lunch, dinner or just a cocktail while catching your favorite game on one of our many flat screen TV’s. Our hotel is also perfect for your next meeting or private function, with 17,889 square feet of banquet space. Our friendly, accommodating team looks forward to welcoming you with our signature, warm DoubleTree by Hilton Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel San Diego
- Doubletree San Diego
- San Diego Doubletree
- Doubletree Mission Valley