“Considering the location, the rate and what's offered, it's a deal!”
Review of Mission Bay Motel

Mission Bay Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Mission Bay Motel
Ranked #198 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Curitiba, PR
“Considering the location, the rate and what's offered, it's a deal!”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

The Pacific/Mission Beach area in San Diego is a popular destination among young people from around the world looking for fun 24h/7d a week, and that's basically what you'll find there. You chose to stay here because of the beach, surf, bars, restaurants, right? No? Ok, so you need to reconsider your options... But don't get me wrong: overall it's a nice place to stay a few nights and enjoy the beach/surf/skateboard atmosphere of the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dani_Cera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I live in San Diego a mere mile down the street from this hotel. I was forced to stay here by my landlord because our building was being tented for termites. Thank goodness I didn't pay for this room or I would have been extremely pissed! I was on the bottom floor on the very end of the hotel (room 101) conveniently located next to the dumpster. The flies from the trash attempted to follow me into the room which let off a musky smell. The comforter had blood stains, and other large yellow circular stains all over it (not to mention the cigarette burn holes in the comforter in our NON smoking room). There is no air conditioner but they do provide a large standing fan which works well to blast air around the tiny room. Not using the disgusting comforter, and needing to use the fan because it is the middle of summer, I had no sleep because I was in a constant temperature fluctuation battle. The bed was super hard and no better than sleeping on the ground. My body hurt the next day from being so stiff. The bathroom was old and the shower dingy with some type of rust casing the bottom of our shower. The bathroom window also provided a nice view of the Burger King across the street. I could hear the person in the room next to our snoring, as well as the sounds of the bar across the street bumping the music well into the night. I am young and go to the bar across the street as a regular, but I am really glad I don't live next to that noise; it was a traumatic experience, which I hope never to relive. My landlord gave me an apology gift certificate for a restaurant because he felt so bad.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KRob_SD

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stay here every year when we come to San Diego. You cannot beat the location, right across the street from the beach and walking distance to grocery stores, bars, restaurants and Starbucks! The rooms are nothing fancy, but it's always been clean so we have no complaints. And you can't beat the price. This is a high energy area though, so it does get loud at times.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KellyZ_AZ
Vegas
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We have gone to this hotel at least 2 times a year. We live in Nevada/
We do realize that is is not a 5 star hotel, but it is close the the beach.
We made reservations using a credit card, got a confirmation number, and when we called 2 days prior to going to San Diego, the office manager had no record of our reservation ! There were not any rooms.
We had to research for another hotel nearby that has received good commments ! Plus this hotel is on the side of the beach so you do not have to cross the road nor hear road noise. This hotel has air conditioning. It is is the same price range. We will NEVER trust this Mission Bay Motel again.
I think the hotel inspectors need to inspect this hotel for bugs, moldew, and the mess left in the alley in behind the hotel. *Also, we always get a room on the first floor. We hope to park our car in front of the door, but we have to park our car futher away from the room that we paid for and carry our bikes, tennis raquets, and more 'toy' inside the hotel room. :(

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vegas033
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The location is superb, just 70 yds back from the beach. We were ripped off though - we went as a group and paid nearly $200 for a night - that was 5 of us crammed into one pokey room with no airconditioning. Good job we had a great night in the bars all around.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We have stayed here previously and found it acceptable. It is close to the beach so we decided we could overlook the traffic noise. Since our last stay a bar/night club opened right across the street. At 2:00 am they push everyone out and onto the street.
We were awake from 1:30 am until 4:40 am. The office closes at 12 midnight. How convenient. When I complained at 8:00 am the next morning I was told that yes a club had opened within the last year and it got very noisy. I told them after the people left the club they came into the parking lot to continue partying and fighting. They did refund my next nights stay, but that meant we had to drive home for seven hours after being there for only 24 hours. Thanks for ruining my get away weekend.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Colorado
Reviewed 19 February 2010

This hotel is honestly in the heart of Pacific Beach. You walk right across the street and your feet touch the sand! It is near hundreds of restaurants, bars and shops. This is a perfect place for a younger family looking to stay in the middle of all the action.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business