“excellent service and great food”
Review of Amigo Spot

Amigo Spot
Ranked #258 of 5,142 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Description: Just one mile east of San Diego's Old Town, The Amigo Spot proudly offers the finest in regional Baja Mexican Cuisine. Enjoy traditional fare from Delicious Tacos and Enchiladas to Sizzling Fajita Platters to Marinated Carne Asada and a variety of Seafood offerings. Our Amigo Spot Cantina style restaurant also features a full bar with fantastic Margaritas and a Premium Tequila Menu with over 25 selections. The Amigo Spot San Diego offers Happy Hour, Monday through Friday from 3pm - 6pm with a Complimentary Appetizers station. On weekends, full bar service begins at 11am Saturday and Sunday and enjoy Live Music Thursday through Saturday in the evenings. The Amigo Spot is located in Hotel Circle at Kings Inn and offers Free Parking and Free WiFi. Large Groups are welcome and Catering To Go is available.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

had dinner here twice during our recent stay in San Diego and both times the food was excellent and the service was outstanding.
Chefs really know what they are doing in the kitchen!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was simply great food. Triple D might even dig it. Good simple diner chow. I didn't see a single avocado.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Yummy!!! get the carne asada fries. Order ahead it you want to go, it can be a bit of a wait when they are busy.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We came in for dinner a bit after 7pm and were seated promptly. There was a live band playing, which I found a bit loud. I had difficulty hearing people speak to me.

Our waitress arrived quickly and got our drink orders. When we finally decided on our meals, they didn't take long to arrive

We started with the chips and salsa. Chips tasted fresh. Didn't eat the salsa because it had cilantro and I don't like cilantro, but everyone else liked it. We ordered jalapeño poppers and they were very good.

Our two boys ordered three kids meals, the jr burger with fries, beef taco with beans and rice and the cheese enchilada to share. They only left behind some rice, beans and fries. The taco, enchilada and burger were devoured. (Ok, so not the last two bites if the burger, they had eaten too much chips and salsa!)

My husband had the combo steak and chicken fajitas and said it was tasty and he really enjoyed them. I had a combo plate with a bean and cheese burrito (much larger than I expected, couldn't finish it) and a chicken enchilada. Even if I could have finished the burrito, I didn't want to. I find both the burrito and enchilada to be bland, flavorless, unappealing. I had asked for the green sauce, but was told it was 40% cilantro, so I had the red sauce instead. I like my Mexican food with a bit of heat. This had none. I was very disappointed with my meal.

The service was good, our waitress was friendly, maybe a bit over friendly but not annoying, but the food (my food) bland. I'm glad we had a 15% discount coupon from our motel.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great service. Took our order efficiently and accurately. Order the snapper and it tasted yummy and fresh. Happy hour margaritas were greatly appreciated! Thanks.

1  Thank Joyce K

Been to Amigo Spot? Share your experiences!