“Mike&Sarah”

Carole's Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #11 of 34 San Diego B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary and although many things went wrong with the airlines and my luggage, Carole's B&B saved our trip. From a variety of breakfasts to its eclectic decor, it was very pleasant to come home to each night.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A lovely place for my fiancee and I to get some R&R. Carole, the owner, was friendly and welcoming. Her son, Michael, made a different breakfast each morning. Banana pancakes was a highlight. Both of them were very accommodating and attended to our needs.

A 10-minute drive from WHOLE FOODS, a few blocks away from a great organic market called Ripe, and less than 30 minutes away from LaJolla Cove, for a fun time at the beach.

A quintessential Bed and Breakfast experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My friend and I were travelling from Australia to San Diego for SDCC and NerdHQ. Carole provided a home away from home. We made excellent friends through staying at Carole's. The facilities were brilliant, the food was amazing, and Carole has provided such a warm and inviting environment. We spent nights sitting by the pool playing cards with other guests and watching the sunset from the deck. I can not highly recommend Carole's enough! I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Rose Room comes with its on private deck.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My recent stay at Carole's Bed and Breakfast Inn was most interesting. Our trip to California culminated with a 2 day stay at the North Park area bed and breakfast. We had driven my 18 year old daughter's vehicle through the west from Illinois. She will be attending school in the area. I had mentioned to the owners son that I was concerned about her safety in San Diego. Mike informed me that if you were from b.f. Missouri you might be concerned. But if you were from New York you wouldn't be worried about safety at all. Funny thing. We are from the Illinois side of the river from b.f. Missouri and the other 2 sets of people staying there were from New York. Mike was offensive. He needed to be upstairs cleaning the bathroom and dusting. Or maybe keeping his regional opinions to himself. His breakfast's were adequate. The cleanliness, sub-par. Bed uncomfortable. A side note to the visit is that we have stayed in dozens of b and b's with great experiences. This wasn't one of them. Carole we liked. Gracious. Charming. Mike not so much. I waited a couple days after I got home to write this. I just read on San Diego NBC channel 7's website that early this morning 2 people got stabbed just 1 mile from the b and b. I think my concerns were justified. Mike, what a blow hard. Robert Otterson. B.F. illinois

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank loopn18
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I had just received a brand new job in San Diego and had no place to live. Comicon was in town and I was up against it with finding a place to stay. I lucked out with Carole's because this has been a dream come true.

Not only have I been welcomed like family but I have been comfortable, all my needs have been met before I even asked and it's quiet here. Coffee and breakfast are lovely and available first thing - and what a treat they are.

The backyard has an unbelievable saltwater pool that I was in before I was even unpacked. The water is warm and the area is private. What a delight this BnB is...A don't miss for sure!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank lissalovve
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Carole´s bed and breakfast is fully recommendable, very comfortable, in a very nice neighborhood, quiet, and with fantastic personalized attention.

Breakfast were always at a high level, plus a nice pool and free to use WIFI, definitively a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had a wonderful time at Carole's Bed and Breakfast. With it being my first time to San Diego, I had to choose between a hotel and a bed and breakfast. I most definitely made the right decision!! It is a cozy cottage in a beautiful setting. We were treated like family and Carole went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were comfortable. The cottage we stayed at was amazing and included anything you could possibly need. We were served a excellent omelet, fresh fruit and orange juice for breakfast. The location is perfect, close to the bay and close to the beach, who could ask for more!! We are already planning our next trip to San Diego. Thank you Carole for a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Old Town Inn
#10 of 278 in San Diego
Downtown
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown

Been to Carole's Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!