“It was fine”

Ranked #224 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Chicago, Illinois
“It was fine”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

People are overreacting from what I can tell reading through the comments. I stayed here for four nights. I got into town at noon (3 hours before check in) and the room was already made so they let me go in early. I had hot water, the air conditioner worked well, there was free wi-fi, the TV got ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN (what else do you need when you're on vacation), and every morning I got breakfast for free (muffins, cereal, milk, waffles). My room had a door that automatically locked and had two additional locks (bolt and a little chain thingy) which worked perfectly. You get what you pay for, no where on here did it say it was a 5 star hotel and it surely wasn't. If you go into it with decent expectations that you want somewhere that is centrally located and a place to sleep then you'll be fine. I even needed to have something printed and they allowed me to e-mail their super8 e-mail address and they printed it for me.

I believe there are a LOT of people posting negative comments who are extremely picky, pampered, and like to over exaggerate. If you're going to San Diego to watch TV and stay in your room for air condition then you have other problems than the average hotel stay this place provides. I was only in my hotel room during the hours of about 10pm - 8am every day... which, when you're on vacation, seems like the appropriate thing to do. I cannot comment on the hotel during the day hours as I only used it to sleep and take showers... which was all I needed. Every time I arrived back from a day at the beach or at an attraction I came back to a bed that was made and new towels. For 70$ per night I could not have asked for anything better.

For what it's worth I'm a 29 year old guy who is a non-smoker and I stayed in room 108 or 109 (can't remember).

Room Tip: I was on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Dan D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
England
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't make my worst energy stay there! Remind me of a horror movie hotel! Turned up had no sign up so a pain to find. Checked in and the person tried to charge me way over the price I booked online. Walking to the room a crowd if men stood drinking on the walk way. Got into our room. Booked non smoking. The minute I opened the door the room stank of smoke! I turned the air-con on which was like a cloud of smoke! Then went to turn the lights on. None worked. Went and complained. The lady handed us air spray and a light bulb. Ridiculous. The door barely locked properly so slept in the back room for own saftey as searched other available hotels. Never again! Stay away it's horrific!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Rosarito, Mexico
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We only asked for quite, which we did get but thought we booked a non-smoking room. We about choked when we opened the door. We were moved to another room that was better but it also was not a non smoking room even though the sign on the door indicated such. We understand that some occupants just do not observe the rule but housekeeping could have done a better job. Maybe it is time to replace the carpet, drapes and linens which are way too worn and probably would not withstand the required cleaning to eliminate the smoke odor and particles.

Room Tip: View room before accepting. I'm sorry we didn't.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Imperial Beach, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

For 80bucks its not terrible. Pillows flat but room was clean. Shower was good but not provide conditioner. Latoya was awesome! Someone did try to enter room but left so no problems, just a mix up. All in all you get what you pay for people.

Room Tip: Non smoking is usually a little better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple