My husband and I traveled with our two young girls (2 and 5) to stay at Paradise Point last summer and we found it to be the PERFECT family vacation spot!
A huge part of our enjoyment was due to the fact that we LOVED our room!!! We had a Bayside Bungalow in Paradise Cove and the room was smack on the sand looking out on the beautiful bay with a fire pit right outside our room for nightly s'more making!
The water on the bay was very tranquil, which allowed my husband and I to actually be able to sit on the sand and relax without worrying about our 2 year old running into the waves. It was a dream! The girls had so much fun playing on the beach and we loved that we could put little one down for nap, and we could sit and read on the waterfront patio and watch our oldest on the sand playing on the beach.
We also loved that there was so much to do! There were 4 pools that we could use (5 total on the resort - but 1 is adult only). My daughters loved picking a different pool to use each day, and to our surprise they actually liked going to the small ones vs. the big main pool, which was fine by us. All the pools had a graduated entry, so my two year old could wade and splash around, which I loved. This is a truly FAMILY-FRIENDLY resort.
One day we rented a surrey bike and cruised around the property, which was a ton of fun, and we just had so much fun exploring the grounds. It is the type of place where once you check in, you don't really have to leave!
But the great thing is that if you want to go "off campus" for an outing, the location is phenomenal as it is close to a ton of San Diego family attractions.
The room itself was amazing. It had a kitchenette, dining table, and separate bedroom, so we could put the girls down to bed early and stay up later without disturbing them. The bathroom was also fabulously designed, as you could shut off the door and be able to use the bathroom without disturbing little ones as well.
It was clean and beautifully decorated. Again, the Bayside Bungalows were AMAZING!
We drove to the resort so we were able to pack our girls' scooters in the car, which was fun to let them cruise around on. And one night we played a little mini-golf which was close to our room.
If you are looking for a family-friendly resort, this property had a ton of activities for all ages. Plus you just can't beat the beauty of San Diego!
Our family will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego