I stayed here with my husband for 4 days in August. The grounds are beautiful. The hotel is located right on the water. There are atleast 3 pools, one with a hot tub. The restaurants are worth trying and the drinks were well made. We had lunch right on the water! And the food was great! The rooms are really nice looking and very spacious. There is a huge gift shop and bike rental.
There were a few disappointments- I waited atleast 30 minutes on line to check in. When we got to our room, there was alot of trash like popped balloons, napkins, wrappers in front of our room (I'm guessing the previous guests had a party the night before), our outside patio still had an old pizza box on it. I'm guessing the housekeeping doesn't touch the patio or any garbage outside near the entrance because the garbage stayed there the whole time we were there. The bathrooms need a serious renovation. Our tub wasn't draining well. And everyday we kept noticing dead bugs in our bathroom (Not sure if they were coming from the sink drain or through a vent, but we never left the door open.) There is a mandatory internet and fitness center charge of $19 a day. We didn't use the internet and fitness center, so it was disappointing to have that charge
I would not pay full price for this place (I was very lucky to get about half off through a website), but I did enjoy the services, food, and pools. I would come back and give this place another try. I would say the stay was between Average and Very Good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego