My wife and I stayed at Paradise Point Resort and Spa for a conference. This included our room and use of the meeting rooms with several banquet lunches and dinners. The guest rooms are scattered throughout the property in small one-story buildings. All rooms have outside entrances. The door to our room had a glass insert covered only by a sheer shade, so it didn’t offer as much privacy as we would have liked. Our room was basic and showed some age with a need for some minor cosmetic work (e.g., cracked caulking around the tub, stains on the window shade). There were some other signs of disrepair including a beam that had split and fallen from a roof awning on the building across from us. Despite the cosmetic issues, our room was comfortable and quiet. All other aspects of the property were positive. The landscaping is beautifully done with lots of ponds containing a variety of waterfowl. Although we didn’t use the pools, they appeared to be very well maintained. The restaurants offer relaxing views of the water, and the food and cocktails were tasty. All of our banquet meals were also above average, and the service was attentive. All staff members were friendly and helpful, and everyone greeted us as we walked around the property. The property is large, so you can get plenty of exercise walking to and from your room. The staff uses stretch golf carts to get you to your room at check-in or as needed during inclement weather. You can also park right outside your room if you have a car. Overall we had an enjoyable stay. With some renovations, this could be an excellent resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego