“College Visit”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“College Visit”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I bought this hotel through Jetsetter.
My first time using Jetsetter.
The pictures shown are only the suites.
The pool chairs are cheap, beds are hard and the paint in the bathroom was peeling!!
It felt so dirty!!! A holiday Inn would of felt cleaner.

Stayed March 2014
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Skf099, thank you for the details on your recent stay. We appreciate the frank feedback regarding our resort, as these comments give us insight on what upgrades and repairs need to be made. We regret hearing you were not satisfied with your room choice. It seems that by booking through a third party site you were not made aware of our variety of room layouts and locations. We hope that our hotel’s unmatched amenities and unbeatable location will bring you back in the future.

David Hall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Polish first
Farmers Branch, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

While I did not complain about my room (it was actually nice and faced the view) all my colleagues did. Their rooms were dated, or awkwardly shaped. My room however had the shower head faucet at about 5 feet which is problematic for a 6 foot person. The conference center was decent, but walking around the grounds just didn't seem to fit the cohesiveness you want for a conference.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Bonita, California
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We're locals who work at home and need a getaway at times. Perfect spot to run away 2x a year. Mixed ratings this last visit though (2/14) - Great bayside room, great location, lovely resort - HORRIBLE dining. Baleen is closed for reno and Barefoot Bar was dumpy, average (at best) food, plastic wine glasses and paper napkins. Ratty and droopy framed t-shirts hanging on the wall as art. Really? This is a resort, remember? Maybe it's next in line for a reno. I sure hope so! Denny's would have been an improvement. But, service staff and view were good. Barefoot experince kept this from being a Very Good rating.

Room Tip: Baysides are wonderful if you can get them discounted. Spring for one the "Premium" rooms...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LizLockLind
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
LizLockLind, thank you for the TripAdvisor review, as well as your continued patronage of our resort. We regret to hear that the only shortcoming of your most recent visit was a disappointing dining experience. We sincerely apologize for this but are pleased to inform you that Baleen will be opening as a new fine dining venue in April. We trust that this exciting new restaurant will restore your high opinion of Paradise Point when you visit us again.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 February 2014

No street names on the property, so it was very difficult to find units. Strange configuration of bungalows for more than one family were a huge inconvenience. I thought all three rooms would (logically) be off living room/kitchen area, but they're not. One daughter and her family had to go through our bedroom to get to the LR/K. Our other daughter and her family had to go through her sister's bathroom and bedroom and through our bedroom to get to the LR/K. VERY AWKWARD ... and no privacy for our daughter and her family in the middle unit. We only ate at the Barefoot Grill: food was outstanding but service was generally slow. Zero entry pool was good for kids but pool was definitely not heated. Expected more for the price we paid.

Room Tip: We were in a bayside bungalow facing the bridge. Good view but motorcyclists on bridge were very lou...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed here for four nights while attending a conference that was held at the resort. Overall I enjoyed my stay here. All of the staff that I encountered (front desk, maids, and ground staff) were very friendly. The resort itself is large and rambling. It is somewhat isolated in that you really need a car to get to any off-site restaurants and stores. The resort has a pizza restaurant, an out door restaurant, and a fine dining restaurant (although the latter was closed for renovations when I stayed there). I never tried the pizza place but had breakfast and a few lunches at the outdoor restaurant that also doubled up as a bar. The food was very good and there was a nice selection of local craft beers available. The resort has a gift shop that also sold a few food items and wine. The best bet though is to try to make sure you have a car so that you can get off-site for a larger selection of restaurants etc. I never counted them but the resort had three or so pools, none of which ever seemed particularly busy. My room was spacious and had a small refrigerator and safe. I would certainly consider staying here again if in the area.

Tortoli, Italy
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Padadise point resort hotel is good for location but it is in a private land far away from the city. I stayed in this hotel for a conference in february. It was a bad experience for several resons. First of all, for lunch or dinner you have not choice: there is only a restaurant inside the resort very expensive and the food is not good. As I said before, if you want to go for lunch or dinner outside the resort the only possibility is to take a taxi and it is not cheap.
Secondly, rooms and bathroom are not cleaned well: dust and stains everywhere.
Furthermore, you must pay a so called "paradise passport", and you have not choice.
Finally, they charged my credit card for the entire stay even if I paid in advance before to arrive. I asked the hotel to release my money and they answered me that they cannot do it because the money will be released on it own. Unbelievable!

2 Thank Severino S
Severino, we appreciate the comprehensive review on your February business stay. We’re sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with several aspects of our hotel, including its dining options, Passport to Paradise, and location in the heart of the city. The hotel is home to five restaurants, as well as extensive recreation facilities which are included in the Passport to Paradise for one low price. If you’re looking for food or fun beyond our on-site amenities, a 10-minute cab ride will get you to many of the city’s main attractions and restaurants. Regarding the cleanliness of your accommodations and the issues with payment, we sincerely apologize for missing the mark. Our team released the funds immediately, but the bank can take up to two weeks to process this and return the money to your account. If you have any further questions regarding your bill, please contact Instant Service at (858) 274-4630.

oradell
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Pros: The property is beautiful. The food is delicious. The room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was helpful and responded very quickly when we asked for something (extra pillows).
Cons: There is no place close by the property to walk to if you want to get a cup of coffee or some groceries. The coffee bar closed at 11 am and when I got there at 9, there were no bagels, danish etc available because they were sold out. My first day there, I had jetlag and slept until 11. I was out of luck! NO COFFEE available unless I wanted to have a sit down restaurant experience, which I didn't. I wanted to rent a bike to get to a store. The resort charged $30 AN HOUR!! My sister and I walked to Mission Beach and found a little bike shop and rented bikes for $32 for four days. That's the way to go. We didn't rent a car until the last day because we refused to pay the $36 fee that was going to be added to our bill. I can't understand why the resort would charge this fee when there was an empty parking space right outside of our bungalow. I can understand paying for parking in NYC or DC, but not here.

Room Tip: Rent bikes off the property. Stop at a supermarket and stock up before you get there.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends