My family and I stayed at the Paradise Point Resort & Spa over the Memorial Day weekend. Initially I was hesitant to book a room at this hotel because of the reviews I read online. At the end I still booked it because the location was convenient and I wanted to visit a place that was different than a conventional hotel. The location is great, it’s close to Sea World and the SD Zoo. They offer lots of cool activities that you can do at the hotel. We like the bon fire set up by the beach. We also liked the rooms with the bay view, definitely worth the price. One of the things that I disliked is the daily parking fee. That’s the positive review of the hotel.
Here is the negative….to sum it up…One night, my family and I were having a good time by one of the pools at the resort (Meadow Pool) and it was around closing time. The housekeeping crew came to take the dirty pool towels from the pool. I had placed my cellphone on one of the chairs and covered it with a towel. One of the employees came and grabbed the towel and also “accidentally” took my cellphone. I realized it after a few moments that my cellphone was gone. I called the number right away…and the call went straight to voice mail. That means that whoever got the phone turned it off so that I can’t track it. I notified the security right away. First they said they found the phone, then they said they could not locate the phone. I have spoken with the hotel authorities and all they are willing to do is pay a small amount of my loss. I had to get a replacement phone which cost over $600.00 and the hotel does not wish to reimburse me for an item stolen by one of their employees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego