“Such an amazing and beautiful resort”

Paradise Point Resort & Spa
Ranked #140 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Such an amazing and beautiful resort”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

After a friend recommended Paradise Point, the first thing I did was google the reviews. Not going to lie, I was a little afraid to come due to some of the negative comments people left. However, I am so happy I did not listen, because I write this from my beautiful and very CLEAN room! This place is amazing and everyone has been so nice since we arrived. We are in paradise and this is the best desicion my husband and I made for our anniversary. We rented seadoos and went paddle boarding and layed out by the beautiful pool. There are 5 by the way so you choose lol. Yes, it is expensive, but it is very much worth it. We are coming back next year and I have already recommended this place to my best friends so they can come with their husbands!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Malizama23
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Malizama23, thank you for the review, and happy anniversary! It’s wonderful to hear that your expectations were exceeded during your stay at Paradise Point Resort & Spa. We appreciate you recommending our San Diego resort to others, and look forward to providing you with another exceptional vacation next year.

David Hall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (959)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, Ca
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Comfortable cottages in a beautiful setting on Mission Bay. Nice grounds, easy to get around by foot without needing to move your car. Restaurant is very good for Dinner and Breakfast. Recommended for couples or families.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GaryW
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I am sorry to read so many poor reviews of this resort as it was not our experience at all. We had a lovely bungalow by the bay that was very clean and comfortable. One of the best beds I have slept in in a hotel experience. The bungalow was roomy, sporting a king bed in the bedroom, and nice separate sitting area opening out to the bay. The bathroom had 2 vanity areas split by the bath area itself. So nice for two people getting ready. The sitting area had a small bar area with food storage and a mini-fridge.

I enjoyed spa services that were incredible. The beach area was clean and well maintained as well. I did not dine at the main restaurant, but did have a light meal by the pool that was delicious. The grounds are lush with a tropical feel. Lots of private nooks for reading and relaxing around the grounds.

The resort is conveniently located near the city, Sea World, and local beaches, yet you have the feeling you are in a remote resort location when on the premises.

I enjoyed it immensely and would definitely consider a trip back. Give it a try!

Room Tip: After reading other reviews, I would suggest that you confirm where your room(s) are located. There...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank momof7ds
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the beautiful Paradise Point Resort and Spa with my boyfriend over Memorial Day Weekend this year and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We stayed in one of the bungalos which was massive and luxurious and had a gorgeous view of Mission Bay. All of our needs were met and exceeded by the friendly and accomodating staff. We loved eating at the Barefoot Bar and Grill, the food was delicous and they had so many great options. Also the live music during the day definately establishes that island atmosphere. I would stay there again in a heart beat!!

Room Tip: Stay in a bungalo, they are gorgeous!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KiraLew
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Ok so if you are looking for a cool feel , relaxing feel place this is it. The property is beautiful to walk has several room options. The food was good , the rooms were real nice just not overly cozy for my liking more hard flooring but they were clean and surrounded by a nice setting. Great at night as well all lit up and very well located. I enjoyed my stay here it was a bit pricey but super nice.

Room Tip: They have water beach views , and others surrounded by trees
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BRETTPAULNATALIE
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor! We’re delighted to hear the details of your recent visit, especially about how you enjoyed your Balinese-themed accommodations and dining experience. As your review highlights, Paradise Point offers an array of room options – each with garden, lagoon or bay views. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as a guest again the next time you visit from Canada.

Corvallis, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I took my family to this resort last summer for a little get away and after looking at the pictures at their website, I thought it was too good to be true. It looks all fancy and well-maintained in the pics but when you get there you soon realize why it is not that expensive. The rooms were small and kind of dinky - we got a suite with a kitchen. The grounds were ok but there is a pond that is central to the resort and it was filthy. The little restaurants there are mediocre at best but the main pool is really nice and the kids enjoyed it. We rented a car and did all the San Diego attractions also so overall our stay wasn't bad being that it is not too terribly expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank datlor
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We recently stayed here for a conference and my experience mirrors a lot of the other reviews here:

Pros
- Excellent location with enough of a getaway "feel" to make it seem you are out of the city
- Nicely landscaped grounds with lots of pretty flora
- Decent restaurants onsite (Baleen is no longer there but is still listed in their materials - it is now Tidal and an outdoor lounge/bar)
- Staff for the most part seem friendly

Cons
- The rooms really are not very well maintained. Many people complain of the "mildew-y" stale smell. Ours was not bad but you could tell it was not that fresh
- confusing layout with inadequate signage
- uncomfortable beds and 2nd tier bath amenities
- poor housekeeping and dirty furniture. The chairs on the lanai were covered in bird poop and dirt

The worst part of it is that this property really adds on the excess charges. It is not a 4-star property by any means and the nickel-and-diming is really excessive. I was coming from another conference prior at the San Diego Marriott Marquis and the difference was striking. Things are available at the Paradise Point but you will pay for it. Case-in-point, we had some leftover lunch from the delicious barefoot grill. I called up to see if there was a microwave available so we could reheat it. Mind you I was willing to walk anywhere on the property. They told me very curtly that they did not offer that service but for $20/night I could rent one. For a resort that charges $250+ per night that is really tacky and unfortunately indicative of the overall place.

It really as a shame as these things really detract heavily from the good aspects of the property. I had really fond memories of this place back when I was a kid and it was known as Vacation Village. Unfortunately the recent changes (as a Princess resort and now Paradise Point) did not bring the place up to modern standards. Certainly not for what they charge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alex M
Alex, thank you for taking the time to provide us with both compliments and suggestions for improvement. We regret that some aspects of the hotel did not meet your expectations, but trust that the many positive facets — the convenient location, beautiful grounds, waterfront restaurants, friendly staff — will bring you back for another stay in the future. This would give us the opportunity to once again provide you with the excellent experience you had here in the past.