“So close to great...”

Paradise Point Resort & Spa
Ranked #144 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Beautiful setting, and lush grounds very well maintained, a true island paradise complete with multiple swimming pools, lagoons and wildlife, a real gem. Excellent food and reasonably priced in both restaurants nestled by the water and well run marina with lots of cool stuff for rent. The bungalows are very clean but a bit dated and in need of minor renovation. Our room for 3 adults included a tired old pull-out sofa that was like sleeping on a sack of "Slinkys" and the coffee table was pointed out as missing upon opening the door which we later called 3 times for with no results, and the broken shelves in the credenza that caused a big spill, and the in-operative coffee maker all would have been tolerable if the coffe table was not just promissed and then ignored. Aside from people ignoring the parking rules and the resort not acting on cars without a $30 per night parking tag parked in our well defined spot and having to park in general parking about 300 yards from our bungalow we had a very enjoyable weekend.Makes one wonder why they bother with the hang-tags for your mirror - aside from the thirty bucks that is.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,907)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We checked in at 6pm we loved the lay out as we drove in. The lobby is very nice its updated and nice as we got the map to our room the staff was very nice. We headed to our room very easy to know your way. We checked out our room it was very nice but the bathroom needed s little updating other than that we had an issue with our bathroom door not working they sent someone out right away to fix it. Very friendly again. The garden view was a hedge but if you have kids very nice. The next morning I went to the lobby the bed was very lumpy. Andrew was very helpful and was accommodating. Had fun exploring the place recommend the main pool with service and Restaurant Tidal 5☆. Hotel is Close to everything and we loved that .. even gave me a temp key for the pool after I checked out.. Amazing got greeted by everyone we walked by.................but......... they have a resort fee and parking fee....... blah

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Avas1008
Reviewed 7 June 2014

After a friend recommended Paradise Point, the first thing I did was google the reviews. Not going to lie, I was a little afraid to come due to some of the negative comments people left. However, I am so happy I did not listen, because I write this from my beautiful and very CLEAN room! This place is amazing and everyone has been so nice since we arrived. We are in paradise and this is the best desicion my husband and I made for our anniversary. We rented seadoos and went paddle boarding and layed out by the beautiful pool. There are 5 by the way so you choose lol. Yes, it is expensive, but it is very much worth it. We are coming back next year and I have already recommended this place to my best friends so they can come with their husbands!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Malizama23
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Malizama23, thank you for the review, and happy anniversary! It’s wonderful to hear that your expectations were exceeded during your stay at Paradise Point Resort & Spa. We appreciate you recommending our San Diego resort to others, and look forward to providing you with another exceptional vacation next year.

Best,
David Hall

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Comfortable cottages in a beautiful setting on Mission Bay. Nice grounds, easy to get around by foot without needing to move your car. Restaurant is very good for Dinner and Breakfast. Recommended for couples or families.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GaryW
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I am sorry to read so many poor reviews of this resort as it was not our experience at all. We had a lovely bungalow by the bay that was very clean and comfortable. One of the best beds I have slept in in a hotel experience. The bungalow was roomy, sporting a king bed in the bedroom, and nice separate sitting area opening out to the bay. The bathroom had 2 vanity areas split by the bath area itself. So nice for two people getting ready. The sitting area had a small bar area with food storage and a mini-fridge.

I enjoyed spa services that were incredible. The beach area was clean and well maintained as well. I did not dine at the main restaurant, but did have a light meal by the pool that was delicious. The grounds are lush with a tropical feel. Lots of private nooks for reading and relaxing around the grounds.

The resort is conveniently located near the city, Sea World, and local beaches, yet you have the feeling you are in a remote resort location when on the premises.

I enjoyed it immensely and would definitely consider a trip back. Give it a try!

Room Tip: After reading other reviews, I would suggest that you confirm where your room(s) are located. There...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank momof7ds
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the beautiful Paradise Point Resort and Spa with my boyfriend over Memorial Day Weekend this year and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We stayed in one of the bungalos which was massive and luxurious and had a gorgeous view of Mission Bay. All of our needs were met and exceeded by the friendly and accomodating staff. We loved eating at the Barefoot Bar and Grill, the food was delicous and they had so many great options. Also the live music during the day definately establishes that island atmosphere. I would stay there again in a heart beat!!

Room Tip: Stay in a bungalo, they are gorgeous!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KiraLew
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Ok so if you are looking for a cool feel , relaxing feel place this is it. The property is beautiful to walk has several room options. The food was good , the rooms were real nice just not overly cozy for my liking more hard flooring but they were clean and surrounded by a nice setting. Great at night as well all lit up and very well located. I enjoyed my stay here it was a bit pricey but super nice.

Room Tip: They have water beach views , and others surrounded by trees
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BRETTPAULNATALIE
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor! We’re delighted to hear the details of your recent visit, especially about how you enjoyed your Balinese-themed accommodations and dining experience. As your review highlights, Paradise Point offers an array of room options – each with garden, lagoon or bay views. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as a guest again the next time you visit from Canada.

Best,