“A great escape” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Alta Loma, California
“A great escape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Over the past ten years, My family has seen rates here go up, up, up. We thought we would never stay again until we got a great deal on Living Social that brought is here this past week. I feel it is just too expensive at $700 per night, and I love staying right on the bay. With our upgrade from a regular room from LS we were at about half that price. I feel that was appropriate for the room. I would have given 5 stars,but I felt the little touches that were here when Noble House owned the property were lacking. The shampoos and accessories are not up to par. I couldn't get lather from the shampoo. I missed the cotton swabs and Q Tips that used to be in the bathroom. The updates inside the rooms are nice though. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The bartender at Tropics is a sweetie. Loved the floors. With another sweet deal, we will be back. The beach is amazing. My kids love playing in be bay.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Twinboysmommy
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for the candid review on your latest stay at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, and for your repeated business for the past ten years. We’re pleased you were able to take advantage of our Living Social promotion, though we regret hearing your disappointment in the bathroom amenities, as they have remained the same. Each guestroom still has luxurious bath products by Gilchrist and Soames, as well as an extensive vanity kit with grooming tools. It sounds as though housekeeping may have failed to replenish these, for which we apologize. We hope you will continue to vacation at Paradise Point, and encourage you to look into the specials and packages on our website to get a great deal on your next stay.

Best,
David Hall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
  • Polish first
los angeles, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for a company retreat in June, 2014. Although it's not an ultra-luxurious resort, we still enjoyed the resort amenities. First let me say, we love the fact that you don't go through elevators or walk through long hallways. You park immediately outside your bungalow in designated stalls. You get your own patio and backyard. It's so easy to get around the island. You can rent a bike or a segway and you are adjacent to the bay as well as a park with a bike path. They also have many fire pits so you can do smores and bon fires at night. During the summer months, be sure to check with Sea World on their fireworks schedule so you can view the fireworks from the resort grounds. I recommend this for families!

Room Tip: Go on the website and download a map, rooms that faces either gardens or the bay are the best. Don...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I loved my bungalow suite. It was amazingly quiet and unforgettable. I would come back again and again. The staff very professional especially Mr Andrew Cooper. He made my trip one of a kind. I ll refer all my friends n family. Love paradise point.

2 Thank Nena A
Rancho Cucamonga, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Beautiful setting, and lush grounds very well maintained, a true island paradise complete with multiple swimming pools, lagoons and wildlife, a real gem. Excellent food and reasonably priced in both restaurants nestled by the water and well run marina with lots of cool stuff for rent. The bungalows are very clean but a bit dated and in need of minor renovation. Our room for 3 adults included a tired old pull-out sofa that was like sleeping on a sack of "Slinkys" and the coffee table was pointed out as missing upon opening the door which we later called 3 times for with no results, and the broken shelves in the credenza that caused a big spill, and the in-operative coffee maker all would have been tolerable if the coffe table was not just promissed and then ignored. Aside from people ignoring the parking rules and the resort not acting on cars without a $30 per night parking tag parked in our well defined spot and having to park in general parking about 300 yards from our bungalow we had a very enjoyable weekend.Makes one wonder why they bother with the hang-tags for your mirror - aside from the thirty bucks that is.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We checked in at 6pm we loved the lay out as we drove in. The lobby is very nice its updated and nice as we got the map to our room the staff was very nice. We headed to our room very easy to know your way. We checked out our room it was very nice but the bathroom needed s little updating other than that we had an issue with our bathroom door not working they sent someone out right away to fix it. Very friendly again. The garden view was a hedge but if you have kids very nice. The next morning I went to the lobby the bed was very lumpy. Andrew was very helpful and was accommodating. Had fun exploring the place recommend the main pool with service and Restaurant Tidal 5☆. Hotel is Close to everything and we loved that .. even gave me a temp key for the pool after I checked out.. Amazing got greeted by everyone we walked by.................but......... they have a resort fee and parking fee....... blah

2 Thank Avas1008
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

After a friend recommended Paradise Point, the first thing I did was google the reviews. Not going to lie, I was a little afraid to come due to some of the negative comments people left. However, I am so happy I did not listen, because I write this from my beautiful and very CLEAN room! This place is amazing and everyone has been so nice since we arrived. We are in paradise and this is the best desicion my husband and I made for our anniversary. We rented seadoos and went paddle boarding and layed out by the beautiful pool. There are 5 by the way so you choose lol. Yes, it is expensive, but it is very much worth it. We are coming back next year and I have already recommended this place to my best friends so they can come with their husbands!!

2 Thank Malizama23
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Malizama23, thank you for the review, and happy anniversary! It’s wonderful to hear that your expectations were exceeded during your stay at Paradise Point Resort & Spa. We appreciate you recommending our San Diego resort to others, and look forward to providing you with another exceptional vacation next year.

Best,
David Hall
San Francisco, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Comfortable cottages in a beautiful setting on Mission Bay. Nice grounds, easy to get around by foot without needing to move your car. Restaurant is very good for Dinner and Breakfast. Recommended for couples or families.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple