My family of five rented two adjoining rooms. We had a pretty good stay, rooms were big and clean, and we were close to the main pool (which was amazing). We enjoyed the Cantina @ the pool for lunch. We really liked Barefoot's restaurant. It was great. We spent quite a bit of money at the resort also, keep that in mind when I disucss how we were treated @ checkout. We were not a huge fan of Tidal, overpriced food that really wasn't good BUT the service at Tidal was GREAT. Our waitress was amazing. Fast forward to check out and the reason we will never return. I had booked this resort with my travel agent. My travel agent was advised by the resort that they required prepayment in full. I was under the impression that we had paid in full. At check out I was charged for both of my rooms (for what I thought was a second time). I asked girl checking me out (the morning of 6/14/14 @ around 7am) to go over the charges with me b/c I had already paid. She would not look at me and kept reading her computer screen. It was all very odd. She then said my credit card was declined (which it was not) and then she said "you are checked out." I explained to her that I wanted to discuss the charges and she said again "you are checked out." It was like talking to a brick wall. I said to her that I had already paid for these rooms and wanted her to go over the charges with me. She asked if I had anything showing that I had paid in full. I responded that I did and it was in my car. I retrieved the paperwork and came back to the front desk. I waited and waited and waited. She never came back to the desk. I asked a second front desk staff member if she could please go get the girl I was working with b/c I needed to leave asap and get on my flight. She went behind a wall but not before she looked at me like I was out of my mind for needing to leave (at this time I had spent over 10 minutes trying to check out). Neither of them came out from behind their wall and I could hear them discussing that they thought I was mad b/c my credit card was declined (which again it was not and I'm not sure where that was coming from). I waited and asked that they come out and please help me and was then advised (as they remained behind the wall) that security was being called. These girls have obviously not been trained. They were the most unprofessional staff members I have EVER worked with and I would NEVER return to this resort. I do not recommend it to anyone. Security came and told me I had "scarred" the girls. There was definetly a misunderstanding but those girls were lazy and rude and did not want to discuss my charges with me. Period. It was as if I was in the twilight zone. I was so offended and appauled. My travel agent advised me that due to an error on the resorts end they had not previously charged my credit card the full amount. It could have been easily resolved if the front desk staff would have discussed this with me instead of hiding b/c they were "scarred" of me. I travel all the time and have NEVER experienced anything like this every before. I am a mother, I am not violent at all, and I will question charges if I think they are wrong. I assume this was their first day and/or first job. I do hope for their sake this is a learning experience. I have learned that due to the front desk staff at Paradise Point, I will never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego