“"Welcome to Paradise!"”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Alexandria, Virginia
“"Welcome to Paradise!"”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Indeed, that is the greeting on the staff's lips when you arrive & for us, it was paradise, indeed! We had a lovely 1 bdrm bungalow, right on Paradise Cove - very well appointed room, with the most wonderful bathroom configuration, EVER! It was a jack & jill type arrangement - two full sink areas, separated by the commode & shower room. Fabulous! The resort is very spread out & my main reason not to give it a 5 was signage was tough to navigate & the roads intertwine quite a bit, so I spent a few minutes lost, trying to find my room. Also missing - lounge chairs on the beach - beautiful settting, but no where to sit & enjoy it unless you had your own chairs, which, of course, we did not have.
Our bungalow had a tiny kitchenette, with coffee maker (replenished daily) & fridge.
Location was very easy to get to, close to the city, but far enough away to feel luxurious
All in all, a delightful place to stay

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay on the cove-waterfront setting was outstanding!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (947)
  • Polish first
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

After getting a good rate on a booking site, we were expecting this resort to have at least 3 star appeal. From check-in a bad taste was left in my mouth from the front desk clerk telling me there would be a daily $36 parking fee plus a $25 resort fee that hadn't been charged yet, which covered the use of pools and small games.

The first night our sheets were dirty from the previous guests and after calling to complain, it took 45 minutes for someone to finally show up and change them.

More than once, someone was in my precious $36 parking spot. After dropping off my family and driving to the front desk, security was supposed to be called to find the owner of the car but they never showed as well, making it my duty to find the perpetrator at 10 pm.

I will not be staying here again.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank R P
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for bringing the shortcomings of your stay to our attention. We apologize for the issues you encountered with your room and parking space, and regret that our staff was not able to resolve them in a quick and efficient manner. This is not characteristic of our hotel, and we hope you’ll consider giving us a second chance the next time you are in San Diego so we may demonstrate this to you.

Best,
David Hall

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

After being unable to access our bayview room due to tree trimming, we were given a garden view room that was in dire need of renovation. Management offered us free parking in exchange. How nice. The bathroom sink was cracked, stained and poorly repaired; the beds needed to be replaced; the ceiling above the bed was cracked and buckling from moisture; the bathroom had moisture damage to the walls and ceiling and the entire bungalow smelled musty. The offering of refillable cheap soap and shampoo en masse is disgusting and disguised as being sustainable. Under years of painting to hide flaws, there is most likely mold. The intake vent/slats on the air conditioner appeared to have mold on them as well. The patio was covered in duck feces, dirt and plant debris and we had to clean the outside chairs off due to bird feces before we could sit in them. We also noted the ducks were in the pool! We will NEVER, NEVER stay there again! The place needs to be gutted and rebuilt.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank D F
Fullerton
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had the best weekend! The grounds are beautiful. There is so much to do. The staff is very kind and helpful.
Atmosphere is relaxed with tropic island feel.
Finally, the rooms were great. We loved the flooring. When you open the door, you get a wonderful ocean breeze.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My family of five rented two adjoining rooms. We had a pretty good stay, rooms were big and clean, and we were close to the main pool (which was amazing). We enjoyed the Cantina @ the pool for lunch. We really liked Barefoot's restaurant. It was great. We spent quite a bit of money at the resort also, keep that in mind when I disucss how we were treated @ checkout. We were not a huge fan of Tidal, overpriced food that really wasn't good BUT the service at Tidal was GREAT. Our waitress was amazing. Fast forward to check out and the reason we will never return. I had booked this resort with my travel agent. My travel agent was advised by the resort that they required prepayment in full. I was under the impression that we had paid in full. At check out I was charged for both of my rooms (for what I thought was a second time). I asked girl checking me out (the morning of 6/14/14 @ around 7am) to go over the charges with me b/c I had already paid. She would not look at me and kept reading her computer screen. It was all very odd. She then said my credit card was declined (which it was not) and then she said "you are checked out." I explained to her that I wanted to discuss the charges and she said again "you are checked out." It was like talking to a brick wall. I said to her that I had already paid for these rooms and wanted her to go over the charges with me. She asked if I had anything showing that I had paid in full. I responded that I did and it was in my car. I retrieved the paperwork and came back to the front desk. I waited and waited and waited. She never came back to the desk. I asked a second front desk staff member if she could please go get the girl I was working with b/c I needed to leave asap and get on my flight. She went behind a wall but not before she looked at me like I was out of my mind for needing to leave (at this time I had spent over 10 minutes trying to check out). Neither of them came out from behind their wall and I could hear them discussing that they thought I was mad b/c my credit card was declined (which again it was not and I'm not sure where that was coming from). I waited and asked that they come out and please help me and was then advised (as they remained behind the wall) that security was being called. These girls have obviously not been trained. They were the most unprofessional staff members I have EVER worked with and I would NEVER return to this resort. I do not recommend it to anyone. Security came and told me I had "scarred" the girls. There was definetly a misunderstanding but those girls were lazy and rude and did not want to discuss my charges with me. Period. It was as if I was in the twilight zone. I was so offended and appauled. My travel agent advised me that due to an error on the resorts end they had not previously charged my credit card the full amount. It could have been easily resolved if the front desk staff would have discussed this with me instead of hiding b/c they were "scarred" of me. I travel all the time and have NEVER experienced anything like this every before. I am a mother, I am not violent at all, and I will question charges if I think they are wrong. I assume this was their first day and/or first job. I do hope for their sake this is a learning experience. I have learned that due to the front desk staff at Paradise Point, I will never return.

Room Tip: Dont' stay here!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank TravelingB2001
Alta Loma, California
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Over the past ten years, My family has seen rates here go up, up, up. We thought we would never stay again until we got a great deal on Living Social that brought is here this past week. I feel it is just too expensive at $700 per night, and I love staying right on the bay. With our upgrade from a regular room from LS we were at about half that price. I feel that was appropriate for the room. I would have given 5 stars,but I felt the little touches that were here when Noble House owned the property were lacking. The shampoos and accessories are not up to par. I couldn't get lather from the shampoo. I missed the cotton swabs and Q Tips that used to be in the bathroom. The updates inside the rooms are nice though. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The bartender at Tropics is a sweetie. Loved the floors. With another sweet deal, we will be back. The beach is amazing. My kids love playing in be bay.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Twinboysmommy
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for the candid review on your latest stay at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, and for your repeated business for the past ten years. We’re pleased you were able to take advantage of our Living Social promotion, though we regret hearing your disappointment in the bathroom amenities, as they have remained the same. Each guestroom still has luxurious bath products by Gilchrist and Soames, as well as an extensive vanity kit with grooming tools. It sounds as though housekeeping may have failed to replenish these, for which we apologize. We hope you will continue to vacation at Paradise Point, and encourage you to look into the specials and packages on our website to get a great deal on your next stay.

Best,
David Hall
los angeles, ca
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for a company retreat in June, 2014. Although it's not an ultra-luxurious resort, we still enjoyed the resort amenities. First let me say, we love the fact that you don't go through elevators or walk through long hallways. You park immediately outside your bungalow in designated stalls. You get your own patio and backyard. It's so easy to get around the island. You can rent a bike or a segway and you are adjacent to the bay as well as a park with a bike path. They also have many fire pits so you can do smores and bon fires at night. During the summer months, be sure to check with Sea World on their fireworks schedule so you can view the fireworks from the resort grounds. I recommend this for families!

Room Tip: Go on the website and download a map, rooms that faces either gardens or the bay are the best. Don...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family