“Relaxing among beautiful surroundings.”

Paradise Point Resort & Spa
Ranked #152 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel was beautiful and the staff were 10++. The grounds are beautiful and clean. Staff are constantly seen around the property assisting guests, etc. The availability of water sports was great. They had a small marina with a wide variety of water options which was great (jet skis, paddle boats, jet boats, etc.) so you didn't have to leave the property to do these things. I went only with my hubby but if you come with children there is plenty for them to do which was impressive. The restaurant service was great but a little slow and limited so we found ourselves going off-site to eat which I didn't mind but if I had children and wanted to stay on the island for all meals it would get pricey and time consuming for a family.

Room Tip: We stayed right on the beach which was what we wanted. You cannot beat the view.
1  Thank Toto A

Reviewed 29 June 2014

A colleague and I stayed at the Paradise Point Resort for a conference (held almost entirely on the property). Here's the good: the meeting rooms and service at this facility are wonderful. Decent enough food for a conference, the meeting rooms are comfortable and updated and the service was quite good - very responsive and friendly. Here's the bad: the conference facility is the exception to this resort. Rooms are not four-star quality. They've been updated, but still feel tired and furniture is well-worn. No pillow top mattresses. There was mold/mildew in my bathroom, which also maintained a mildew/disinfectant odor for my entire three-night stay. And the grout in the floor of my bathroom was filthy. The main lobby of this resort is tired and feels stale. Front desk staff are nice, but terrible at follow up - my colleague was told repeatedly he would be called once his room was ready but to no avail. Upon our arrival, we were instructed to leave our bags with a bellman while our rooms were prepared, but we waited at least 15 minutes for a bellman to arrive. Worse yet, my colleague's room was never cleaned on the last day of our stay, despite his continued calls to reception. In short, I think this is a phenomenal location.If you can get a good room price and you're not planning on spending much time in your room for the majority of your visit, you might be more than satisfied. But if you're like me, and expect a JW Marriott or high-end Hyatt four star experience, you'll probably end up disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LishoChicago
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

LishoChicago, we appreciate the comprehensive review on your recent business stay. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed our waterfront meeting facilities but regret hearing about the shortcomings you experienced with your guestroom, housekeeping and the front desk. We sincerely apologize for missing the mark in these areas and have forwarded your comments to the appropriate managers, who will work to bring these areas up to par with the superb experience you had in our conference center. We hope you’ll consider returning to our island resort for either business or pleasure in the future.

Best,
David Hall

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I went there for a work conference, held in the Conference Center and those facilities were very nice. The food they served was good. I had never stayed in a resort like this, with bungalow rooms, in the USA. Only in Europe. So, it was a very nice change of pace. The one thing that seemed to be lacking was security. I didn't see a single person in uniform walking around the property, although there were plenty of hotel staff around. The beachfront rooms were nice - although mine was back aways from the beach, which was good because I don't like the noise. The room was pretty comfy even with the tile floors. Because i knew I would be sharing a room with another person, I asked for 2 beds in the room but they had none. But, what they did have was a hideaway couch bed. We took turns sleeping on it - it wasn't comfortable! Not a big issue though. The discounted room rate was about $235 with tax. The non-discounted was probably $300 or more per day...rather expensive, and I don't think this hotel is on Priceline so if you're looking for an affordable getaway, this might not be your first choice. There were a lot of families with kids staying there, although other than the rental bikes I'm not sure there was much for kids to do other than just go on the beach. They do have fridges in the rooms so if you bring a microwave or a portable barbecue, you can just eat in every night.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the noise of the beach you can get a room right on the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leon020201
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I came here for a personal development training and that was the best place I never been in a resort. Services was very warm and staffs are very welcoming. Top quality service each time I had to call for anything I needed, very efficient. A paradise for wedding, couple or family vacation.

1  Thank CCloutier50
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I was not happy upon getting here. Did not get the room we reserved BUT one phone conversation and the next day we were set up with what we reserved and more. They listened and was very concerned about our problem. We could not be happier and for sure will be back!

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank tex1330
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Samantha was so helpful during the booking process. She had answers to all my questions. She even set up a time for me to visit the rooms before I booked so I knew what I wanted to reserve. I would recommend this place to anyone. It's beautiful and a perfect get away. THANK YOU SAMANTHA for all your help! Hopefully John and I will be back for another stay soon.

Room Tip: I would book the bayview room because it's so beautiful.
1  Thank Alyssa S

Alyssa, thank you for the five-star review of Paradise Point! We’re delighted to hear that our friendly reservations agent Samantha went above and beyond during your booking experience. We hope your recent vacation is the first of many spent at our island resort, as it would be our pleasure to have you and John as our guests again.

Best,
David Hall

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Well, hotel is located on the heart of Mission Bay where is close to the beaches, airport, downtown, next to Sea World...
We stayed 5 nights. Very nice place, very well educated/behaved employees, many pools, jacuzzis, restaurants, bar, shopping center, fitness, trees, birds, bonfire, yachting, canoeing... Like it's name, it was a paradise.
I absoutely recommend this hotel. Thank you Paradise Point :)

Room Tip: You may check the room before actually check in the hotel. Therefore I recommend you to check the ro...
2  Thank tunca