Booked one bedroom bungalow ($500 for three nights) that turned out to be on lake/pond. Kids enjoyed feeding ducks - I didn't enjoy avoiding what came out the other end of the ducks.
I appreciate the fact that the rooms are due for an upgrade, however, the standard was very poor. Bathroom needed demolishing - paint was poor standard, bath had seen better days, screws left in wall where handrail had been, saw a few bugs.
As others have mentioned, the furniture paintwork has the distressed look - which doesn't help the overall distressed look of the room. Fridge in closet tried its best to work. The beds were very uncomfortable and squeaked at any opportunity (my wife is currently attempting to re-align her spine and pelvis due to the mattress). $25 a day for parking is a complete rip off, especially when someone parks in your space for the night. We reported it and were not charged for parking for that day.
Looks like the place boosts its income on weddings and corporate functions as it was full on both evenings of the weekend.
'Resort' staff were friendly and did what they could to rectify issues. I think the housekeeping staff do a great job to keep the rooms as clean as they are under the circumstances.
Very disappointing considering the glamorous website and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego