“Retraction”

Humphreys Half Moon Inn
Ranked #57 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had previously written a review below. However after speaking to the Comptroller, Michael H.from Humphrey's corporate office. He has assured me that all of my experiences will be addressed in a timely manner. I was extremely please with the outcome of my conversation with him. I would then advise anyone to give Humphrey's Half Moon Inn & Suites in San Diego a try knowing that Michael H. would have my concerns corrected and that they care enough to make all of your experiences with them a very pleasant & memorable one.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at Humphreys for one night and it was great. We took advantage of the restaurant which was pretty good with a great view of the harbor. We went to the evening nightclub and had a great time listening to music and dancing. The hotel is across from the beach and we had a great walk both on the day we arrived and the morning before we left. The staff were very friendly too. Our room had a great view of the harbor and was very nice. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The end suite is very nice but the balcony is really small...no problem for us
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay at Humphrey's. It has a resort-like feel and all of the staff are very accommodating. The rooms are nice and I also was able to visit one of the suites which was very spacious and had a beautiful view of the sailboats in the harbor. The prices are average and I thought worth it. There are several restaurants nearby, and I recommend Miguel's Mexican and Nellie's Deli.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Upon entering the check in desk the attendent was very nice but I was not taken over by the dark & dimly lit lobby. It was not welcoming at all. It was mid afternoon so I'm not talking about dusk or evening. Then we got to our room & the first thing we noticed was how dark it was. We put all the lights on but the wattage was 25 so it made no difference. The walls were dark paneled & the ceiling had dark beams. The only helpful light was when we opened the shutters onto the private patio. The patio was nice but we had a room facing the parking lot. That was no big deal as we were out everyday. But when we returned in the evening, reading was not pleasant because of the lighting. They give you a 'passport' booklet with numerous discounts that really do not ad up to any great bargain. Also even if you read the piece of paper ( that was never handed to us. I saw it upon check out) that explains that there are offers given to you for local patronage locations. One of which we learned about through Trip Advisor is the complimentary sample appetizer when dining at The Brigantine Restaurant down the road. The food was delicious especially the comp appetizer! Pricey but worth it. Now back to the room. It was very very clean. The bathroom must have been remodeled recently & it was pretty. Except the faucet was hanging by a thread & when we called to tell them, their response was "do you want us to come to fix it?" On a second call to them to see if we could get higher wattage light bulbs the wonderful Fabio came with the same wattage! That's all they have there is 25W!!! So while he was there we showed him the faucet & he tighten it within 1 minute! As for having breakfast the prices are high, the food is only average at best & the coffee is HORRIBLE! Go the the fancy McDonals on Rosecrans if you want good coffee. Then I paid cash for the meal & I stupidly wrote my last name on the check & the waitress not only took my cash but then the same amount got charged to my room. I had thrown away the receipt but upon check out the manager believed me. So if you're paying any other way cash or credit do not put your name or room # on the check. Also, we had at least $36 in charges that were not on our original bill prior to staying here. We expected the parking charges & the entertainment as well as state tax but they hit you for another fee. We traveled from San Diago to San Francisco and no others had added on any other fees & by far I had prettier rooms, views & experiences that were wonderful over Humphreys. Try the Kona Kai it's a really nice place as we walked there & took a tour of their property & rooms & they were much nicer. I wish we had stayed there instead.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
4  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a great stay there. The room was beautiful and clean. We had dinner and breakfast at their restaurant and although a little expensive it was worth it. I would definitely stay there again. Not a far drive from anything San Diego has to offer.

1  Thank Catrina P
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Its amazing, and romantic and I wish i went there with a boyfriend :( :DD Anyway, the hotel is like a dream-house or something like that- the pool is especially remarkable, totally going to have my honeymoon there!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I actually stayed here a couple of years ago. And wish I had stayed there again this trip. The property has a lovely feel with their plant lined walkways. The room was nicely laid out and had both a fridg and microwave. Everything seemed to be well maintained with no foul odors or the need for cover up scents. I did have an electrical problem with my first room which caused the breaker to trip. Their maintenance worker resonded quickly and tried to fix the problem. When that proved unsuccessful Front Office promptly swicthed me to another room, and provided someone to help me relocate my belongings. Very curtious and responsive to the customer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner walkways.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business